Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RPM unstable, pls help (B14)

:fluffy: at constant speed (normally 95km/hr), sometimes appear 'tac' sound at speedometer and immediately the gear will shift up automatically and RPM will shoot high.

at very low speed (10km/hr), sometimes again appear 'tac' sound and immediately the engine off by itself.

pls help, anybody..... :fluffy:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
G'Day! Welcome to NF, I'm Zac. Their are many knowledgable members here on the forum who can help you fix your problem. You actually posted in the new member section which is really the welcome wagon section. We have a Sentra B14 section and a section for all of the engines ever in a Sentra. Posting the question in their would definately get you more responses. Once again, welcome to the board. :)

PS: Be sure to search before posting any new topics because quite a few have been discussed. :cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is your car an auto or manual? Is it the 1.6L or 2.0L?

If it's an auto, it sounds like it could be the torque converter clutch (TCC) dissengaging and re-engaging. If it is coming on at too low of speeds, the TC will no longer be multiplying torque and it could stall the engine. It would be like letting hte clutch out too fast on a manual.

Other items to check would be vacuum leaks, idle control circuitry, or possibly even a sticking EGR can cause problems. More info would be helpful. I'm an ASE Master Tech. I'll do my best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd say TCC malfuction

chaiwc said:
:fluffy: at constant speed (normally 95km/hr), sometimes appear 'tac' sound at speedometer and immediately the gear will shift up automatically and RPM will shoot high.

at very low speed (10km/hr), sometimes again appear 'tac' sound and immediately the engine off by itself.

There is Torque Convertor Clutch in your auto tranny.
After your 4th gear.. in fact there is "extra step" which works just like manual 5th gear. If TCC is engaged, There is no power lose from torque convertor becasue mechanical clutch is engaged. However, if the solonoid that controls TCC is not working properly, it would give you sudden change in rpm or engine stall at stop because it basically fails to disengaged the clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
chaiwc said:

+++++++...
Hi. Has your can been fixed?i think we have thesame problem. I got a b14 manual, mine actually drops my rpm to 400 when i change gear,....it almost kills the engine.....hope you can help me too....thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I got a nissan sentra series 3 manual....my rpm is unstable, when i change gear my rpm suddenly drops to 400 and back to its normal idling which ranges from 800-900+....it almost kills the engine when running.even when i start my engine cold, my rpm pumps to 1500...I had someone check the throttle but they cannot give me the answer on why is it like that...I would apreciate some help here...thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts