Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new alternator on my 86 300zx na. the car ran good that nite but the next day the idle was rough and there was heistation at cruising speed. i had the alt checked, checked the voltage and it was spitting out 14.0 and 14.1 volts. i ran the diags and threw a 23. so i changed the tps and the fpr for good measure. thought i had the problem solved and did for about 10 miles. car started cutting out again but after sitting an hour, it ran pretty good, only one hesitation. i thought i might have water in the gas tank so i pour an additive in. I dont think i have a fuel pump problem or a maf problem, i can do 65, 75, etc in the car. im thinking i have an fuel/air. any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hesitation/failed emissions connected?

i have an 85 turbo and my car has a hard time idling on cold starts and the hesitation at higher rpms, but only really when you give it some gas... I also failed my emissions with an extremely high carbon monoxide level which i think it means im running real rich.. I have replaced the chts, fuel filter, throttle valve switch which i thought would do it.. the reason i changed those was because i got error codes off the ecu... but I might have a bad ecu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts