Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Every morning when i go to start my car in the mornin, it starts fine but then if i even try to rev it a bit it sounds like its missing and it wont run.. it just seems like its mad at me.. I have replaced the disty, EGR solenoid, o2 sensor and it has good plugs and wires on it.

Soo after the start it will run rough for the first minute or soo and wont rev.

and then the other day i started it and drove right away and i got mad soo i floored it and it sputtered and then i believe it was white smoke that came out the exhaust(coolent??)

Can anyone please help me solve this mystery

·
Registered
48 Posts
are you losing coolant?????? pull all of your plugs out and check the colour. if you have one that looks a different colour bit cleaner than the other 3, you may have coolant leaking into a cylinder.....
i would take your car to have the cooling system tested for Co2 contamination.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
The white was extra gas in combination with steam usually from the condensation in the exhaust. You should warm up the car for a few minutes when it is coldotherwise you wash the rings with fuel and load up the oil with hydrocarbons from fuel resulting in carbonic acid. I would run a premium fuel system cleaner with a tank full of premium fuel and change the fuel filter and see if you can have the mass air flow sensor checked. You didn't say what year but I recommend the NGK plugs for the little quirky driveability issues like this other plugs seem to cause in my experience.

Troy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! the cars a 95 and I had just changed the plugs(NGK) over the winter. The plugs I took out had normal wear on them and no strange deposits.

This problem started over the winter and I always let it warm up in the morning because I did not like it when this would happen. But it has been very nice out lately 5-10 degrees celious(spelling?) and it is still doing it. So from what i hear that I should just let the car warm up and not worry about it?

Thanks
James

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
I didn't mean to try to scare you but the problem is the worst if you drive less than 10 miles each time which makes it more important to warm the car up. If you do commute farther than that each way then it is not much of an issue. Try using the cleaner which should make a difference.

Troy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts