Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a common problem? the bottom of my a pillars is rotting away, to the point where i had to use injection foam and peices of sheet metal to keep it all together. Also I had to use washers between the hinges and the frame to keep the door aligned.

I've seen this on a few junkyard sentras. Funny though the outside of the car and underneath are pretty much rust free.

Is there another way besides cutting out the sections and rewelding in new ones to solve this? I mean, i'll do that if I have to, but i'd rather patch it together to last a few more years otherwise.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Jed118 said:
Is this a common problem? the bottom of my a pillars is rotting away, to the point where i had to use injection foam and peices of sheet metal to keep it all together. Also I had to use washers between the hinges and the frame to keep the door aligned.

I've seen this on a few junkyard sentras. Funny though the outside of the car and underneath are pretty much rust free.

Is there another way besides cutting out the sections and rewelding in new ones to solve this? I mean, i'll do that if I have to, but i'd rather patch it together to last a few more years otherwise.
You ain't the only one. I have the same issue with both passenger and driver side. The driver side I think I can repair but I know I will have to have the entire section on the passenger side replaced. It all depends upon how bad it is. I work in a metal fabrication shop so getting material, access to machinery for shaping, and welding I will be doing all myself. Can you post any pics of how bad it is? You're lucky it's just the pillars. My car has rust out the wazoo. It will probably be another year til I'm done getting rid of all the rust. Next weekend I'm gonna start sandbasting the underbody.

Mitch

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jed118 said:

my girls nx is doing the same so it is common

1 - 3 of 3 Posts