Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my 95 pathfinder LE easy to roll like a jeep or is it more stable. Im getting ready to go off roading and dont want to roll it so i want to know weather i can push it or go kinda easy.
thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
lmao Actually, I forgot to mention the fact that my '95 Pathfinder was rolled by my uncle. He said the 4wd gave out right when he was pulling up a steep hill. He slid off the dirt bank and rolled it over onto its top.

Technically, the vehicle was "totaled" from the incident, but it was mostly cosmetic damage. Once it got flipped back over, it drove back across town just fine, and I've been using it for several years since. lol

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Is my 95 pathfinder LE easy to roll like a jeep or is it more stable. Im getting ready to go off roading and dont want to roll it so i want to know weather i can push it or go kinda easy.
thanks
Lets just say, the Jeep will be easier to roll over than the Pathfinder, due to wheel base length.

Height also is a factor, depending on lift size, axle length and wheel size... wider the tire/wheel more stability you'll get.

Body lift is more stable, but isn't the correct way of lifting a 4x4. Frame is still low to the ground, giving less clearance compared to suspension lift.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hahahah
well im not goiung to be off roading to much mostly mub womping and drifting on my dirt road
Actually, this happened to him while he was pulling up his driveway. Or course, his driveway is really rough. lol

Lets just say, the Jeep will be easier to roll over than the Pathfinder, due to wheel base length.

Height also is a factor, depending on lift size, axle length and wheel size... wider the tire/wheel more stability you'll get.

Body lift is more stable, but isn't the correct way of lifting a 4x4. Frame is still low to the ground, giving less clearance compared to suspension lift.
You have to specify what model of Jeep to which you are referring before you can really have that debate.

A Cherokee's wheelbase is wider than a Pathfinder, and a Cherokee's frame/unibody sits lower, as it wraps down and around the transmission.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well does a wider tire make a difference? i was thinkin of puttin some wider more agressive looking tires on it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anything that widens your stance will help with stability. Of course, any additional vertical increase in tire height would work against those gains.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts