Nissan Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like I said earlier, it isn't structural (i.e., the seat isn't going to collapse on you or fail in an accident), but it is a problem in the frame, specifically the lift mechanism. There's no fix for it besides a new frame, and the problem is common knowledge among Nissan technicians and dealerships. If the new frame the dealer installed is doing the same thing, then the new frame has also failed. It isn't the first time I've heard of new frames failing quickly, one unlucky Rogue at our dealership went through two replacements in under a year. If it's been less than 12 months then a replacement will be covered under Nissan's parts warranty, which is separate from any warranty that may remain on the car. If so, the dealer shouldn't be giving you a hard time about replacing it again.
Dumb question - do the 21's have a different gen seat/frame - less prone to this failure?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The '21's are completely different. No real issues with them thus far.
Just an update on my particular car. At the dealer, says it’s not a big deal and there’s nothing to replace. I advised them of the mechanism before they looked at it to shed some light on it, don’t believe they actually looked at it. Two test drives where the noise was audible but they’re not concerned and were visibly annoyed at having to spend any time talking about it. Looks like I’ll be turning it in.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That's plain sad. Did you get them to acknowledge in writing that they heard it? If so, I'd take it over their heads to Consumer Affairs. Especially since it's Parts Warranty now and not Basic, it isn't like it's any skin off the Service Department to change it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's plain sad. Did you get them to acknowledge in writing that they heard it? If so, I'd take it over their heads to Consumer Affairs. Especially since it's Parts Warranty now and not Basic, it isn't like it's any skin off the Service Department to change it out.
Without trying to sound dramatic about it, two guys test rode alongside me where we heard it and they said that’s either me stepping on the brake or that it was nothing. Nothing but eye rolls. They act like I’m someone who comes in every week for a made up problem.

I mentioned turning the car in - they didn’t care. Said okay, stood waiting for a half hour while a dozen sales reps hung out on their phones before I walked out.

I’ll be back before the next payment is due to turn it in. No one’s forcing me to lease the car so what I’m paying per month for the car isn’t their problem, but I’m not paying what I pay each month to listen to this.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts