Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue insane clicking noise from underneath driver seat it was worse upon acceleration, braking and on bumpy roads, I could also feel it move a bit. I took it in twice to the dealer and they ended up replacing the seat frame luckily under warranty. They also said the chair was moveable just by grabbing it with their hands before repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read something about this, I am just trying to find the thread! Apparently there are two stabilizers connected to the frame and the washers fall out and the arms may drop! I am going to contact dealer and ask about these stabilizers! Have already asked about the seat and was told it was the base without them looking at it and it wasn’t covered under warranty! How can the drivers seat not be covered? Wouldn’t it be a safety issue? This is actually from a titan but could be a similar issue with our Rogues

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have the same issue with my 2019 Rogue SV. Just went to the dealer yesterday for oil change/inspection and asked them to check it. They said they could not replicate the issue and said they tightened up under the seat. Heard it as soon as I sat down in the car when they were done and slightly more frequent now. So frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have the same issue with my 2019 Rogue SV. Just went to the dealer yesterday for oil change/inspection and asked them to check it. They said they could not replicate the issue and said they tightened up under the seat. Heard it as soon as I sat down in the car when they were done and slightly more frequent now. So frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always had my seat at the bottom! I would move it back and forth with the motor but never up, if you have that function! I have it up as high as it will go now and the sound is still there from time to time but not near as bad!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I always had my seat at the bottom! I would move it back and forth with the motor but never up, if you have that function! I have it up as high as it will go now and the sound is still there from time to time but not near as bad!
Thanks - I’m going to try another look under the seat tomorrow. I typically ride with the seat at lowest setting, back but not all the way. Have tried all the way back and also raised slightly, as well, with little to no improvement. I guess it’s worth another try after the “tightening” they said they did. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm driving a 2029 Nissan Rogue SL for the past 5 months and started to feel the driver seat moves everytime I come to a full stop. Notice not so much for the sound but rather the rocking motion. Tiny motion as it may be, still feels, seat is no fully secured . Will be bringing car to the dealership, not sure if I'll do it just to be amused from their answers.or lack of solutions. Or maybe if I'm lucky they will fix it.
Bought a used 2019 Rogue, seeing same issue. Feel a slight motion but also an audible click, almost like a glass bottle rolling into something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a used 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport. My seat is doing the same thing. I brought it to the dealership I bought the car from and they greased and tightened the seat. It continues to do make the sound when I accelerate and stop and hit bumps. Mostly when my weight shifts.

I brought it back and they were absolutely rude to me and gave me the run around. I am taking my car to the other Nissan dealership. They were horrified to know how I was treated. I may show them this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All Nissan will do is grease and tighten the seat. Nothing else. I went to both of my Nissan dealerships. One of them gave the run around and wouldn't look at it just said it was something in my trunk which is impossible because it does it when I'm not driving. My other Nissan dealership was much nicer but all they did was tighten and regreased every thing even tho it was done previously by the rude dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. Drivers side seat is power of course, it's been replaced twice still and it still moves freely upon acceleration and braking. I filed a lemon law claim on it because it's just not safe to drive. The Dealer Service whatever guy they sent out special looked and said "oh it's normal" "the linkage in it makes it move". Obviously from this forum it's not. I will be using this when I take them to court.

Thanks Everyone! Just know, you're not crazy, it is moving and clicking.
I’m having the same issues, did you get yours resolved? I also have the 2017 Rogue

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got 2019 Nissan Rogue week a go and it’s making that squeaking noise under the driver sit it is more on the morning and in cold time u can here it through bumps and when make a turn I don’t what u to do with it it’s so annoying. Please advice . Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Driver seat makes clicking noise on acceleration and stopping, seems to be from underneath.Have anyone experienced this issue ?
I own a 2016 Nissan X-Trail which is the same as Rogue with slight differences for European Countries. I have the same problem clicking noise while acceleration, braking, cornering, and driving over a bump. I'm from Turkey and I contacted the dealer I bought the car and they changed the seat frame within the warranty, after 7 months I had the same problem but the warranty is over and they want to change the seat frame again.
No solutions, I don't know how many times we have to change that seat frame and it costs a lot.
Does anyone contact Nissan in Japan? I couldn't get any solution from Nissan Turkey.

Maybe there is a design issue and they might recall.

Questions regarding vehicles, customer service, retailers or products,

To ensure that Nissan continues to provide you with the best possible customer service, if you have questions or comments about Nissan or any of our products, please contact us directly at the address below.
<For customers in Japan>
NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
Customer Relations Office
Address1-1, Takashima 1-chome, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 220-8686, JapanToll Free Dial0120-315-232 (Only in Japan)
9:00a.m. - 12:00 noon
13:00p.m. - 17:00 p.m.
<For customers in other countries>

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hi, I'm driving a 2029 Nissan Rogue SL for the past 5 months and started to feel the driver seat moves everytime I come to a full stop. Notice not so much for the sound but rather the rocking motion. Tiny motion as it may be, still feels, seat is no fully secured . Will be bringing car to the dealership, not sure if I'll do it just to be amused from their answers.or lack of solutions. Or maybe if I'm lucky they will fix it.
The seat is secure, the looseness develops in the bushings for the lift mechanism so it isn't a structural integrity issue. However, as you can see from all the other posts, it is a somewhat endemic problem with the gen2 Rogue and understandably annoying. You need a new lower seat frame, there's no way to "tighten" the clicky bushings once they get loose. Don't let anyone tell you it's the seat back, that won't fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wanted to add in a follow up (a little late).
I had gone to the dealer again last June (2020) and unfortunately had same mechanic who was irritated I came back with an issue he claims wasn’t there (like I just enjoy driving the miles each way for kicks). I had another mechanic agree to do a test drive but with him driving. He didn’t notice anything. We got back to the dealer - essentially can’t replicate and shrugged it off.
I wasn’t rude or difficult but I was clearly irritated and started to leave and was clearly angry about it. One of the managers came out with the mechanic who did the test drive to meet me at my car before I left. They agreed to replace the seat frame at no cost. This was mid-June. Told I would get a call back when it’s in (long story short - no call, took until September when I called them and they’re like oh yeah it’s been here”). Took an overnight at the dealer but it was replaced and the clicking was gone.
But… this past April the clicking noise returned. I haven’t been back to the dealer because I feel they’re just going to give me the run around about it. It’s really irritating and I can’t find anything under the seat that could be doing it. Lease is up in June and I want to buy the car after (it’s the 2019 and the last year the Rogue had a monarch orange color option - not digging the new orange/red) but do I live with it and pay all that money to buy it or invest in a new lease. I know, first world problem - not trying to sound dramatic. But really annoying that this can’t be figured out. Wondering if the seat itself is the issue. I feel it happens when I’m on uneven ground or if my body weight shifts. Like could it be a mechanism inside the seat, not on the frame, that’s buckling/shifting? I’m lost.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Like I said earlier, it isn't structural (i.e., the seat isn't going to collapse on you or fail in an accident), but it is a problem in the frame, specifically the lift mechanism. There's no fix for it besides a new frame, and the problem is common knowledge among Nissan technicians and dealerships. If the new frame the dealer installed is doing the same thing, then the new frame has also failed. It isn't the first time I've heard of new frames failing quickly, one unlucky Rogue at our dealership went through two replacements in under a year. If it's been less than 12 months then a replacement will be covered under Nissan's parts warranty, which is separate from any warranty that may remain on the car. If so, the dealer shouldn't be giving you a hard time about replacing it again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like I said earlier, it isn't structural (i.e., the seat isn't going to collapse on you or fail in an accident), but it is a problem in the frame, specifically the lift mechanism. There's no fix for it besides a new frame, and the problem is common knowledge among Nissan technicians and dealerships. If the new frame the dealer installed is doing the same thing, then the new frame has also failed. It isn't the first time I've heard of new frames failing quickly, one unlucky Rogue at our dealership went through two replacements in under a year. If it's been less than 12 months then a replacement will be covered under Nissan's parts warranty, which is separate from any warranty that may remain on the car. If so, the dealer shouldn't be giving you a hard time about replacing it again.
My apologies - some of the posts didn't show up on my phone's browser correctly and missed your response.
I'm bringing it to the dealer Monday. I expect, as usual, they'll just try to talk me into a new lease or skirting around the issue but I've had enough of it.
Appreciate your response - now I can go in sounding more like I know what I'm talking about. :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.