Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Driver seat makes clicking noise on acceleration and stopping, seems to be from underneath.Have anyone experienced this issue ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Rogue is at the dealership now for that exact same issue...clicking seat. The first time i took it in they could not duplicate the sound so they just tightened the seat. The second time same thing. I took it back today for the third time and finally after I drove them around they heard it. Now hopefully it can be fixed. Did you ever find out what the issue was?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2017 Rogue is at the dealership now for that exact same issue...clicking seat. The first time i took it in they could not duplicate the sound so they just tightened the seat. The second time same thing. I took it back today for the third time and finally after I drove them around they heard it. Now hopefully it can be fixed. Did you ever find out what the issue was?

Seems like I recall seeing a blurb about a recall because the seat frames weren’t welded together properly. I guess it would be a safety issue. I’d mention that to the dealer. I’d bet they can find the info.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
No it might be different issue. I am having the same issue that there is clicking noise underneath driver seat.
I recorded and showed to the technician. But, they could not find the reason because it is not reproducible.
It makes me crazy. I am looking for the way to contact nissan USA directly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Sorry to bump an old thread but this may help someone else

Had the same problem and looked around on various forums and didn’t think about the rear wiper

It was raining so I turned on my rear wiper....turns out that clicking was the relay when ever my rear wiper would turn on the intermittent mode..... thought the car was going to burn up for a second lol but it was just my rear windshield wiper

·
Registered
1 Posts
My seat is clicking also.....driving me crazy!!!! Took it back and they replaced the seat back...oh on the driver's side.
That did not repair the problem.....still clicking.
There is no doubt it's in the seat not under it. Please if you've had the same problem let me know . Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumping this again......Did anyone ever get a cause for this? Heading to the dealership Thursday. I am sure they are not going to be able to reproduce!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. Before it makes a thud sound when you accelerate from a full stop and when making a full stop in motion. Dealership seen the issue at the third time I've complained about it. Good thing it's under warranty.

Seat frame has been replaced.

After over a year, I'm now hearing a clicking sound when I'm accelerating from full stop or driving on speed bumps or uneven. Looking everywhere but no one finds a fix. I'll probably try to unmount the seat and look underneath for any sign of damage/broken frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is driving me crazy! Did they fix yours?
3 times they have “tighten it” but it’s not fixing the issue! If so how did they fix it?

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,780 Posts
No it might be different issue. I am having the same issue that there is clicking noise underneath driver seat.
I recorded and showed to the technician. But, they could not find the reason because it is not reproducible.
It makes me crazy. I am looking for the way to contact nissan USA directly.
Nissan's customer service hotline: 1-800-NISSAN-1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone get resolution, I’m having the same problem. I’ve been to the dealership three times over the past year and they say they can’t reproduce it. I’m going to try to drive a tech around today.

Details: 2017 Rogue SL with premium package (brown/orange) leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello
I have Nissan X-trail 2019 is it same Nissan Rouge , i am in middle east, Driver seat makes clicking noise on acceleration and stopping, seems to be from underneath.Have anyone experienced this issue ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My seat is clicking also.....driving me crazy!!!! Took it back and they replaced the seat back...oh on the driver's side.
That did not repair the problem.....still clicking.
There is no doubt it's in the seat not under it. Please if you've had the same problem let me know . Thanks
till now any issues?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Sorry to bump an old thread but this may help someone else

Had the same problem and looked around on various forums and didn’t think about the rear wiper

It was raining so I turned on my rear wiper....turns out that clicking was the relay when ever my rear wiper would turn on the intermittent mode..... thought the car was going to burn up for a second lol but it was just my rear windshield wiper
It is the rear wiper. I was able to test it out and it was clicking when the wife are starting to go up and on the back one reset

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. Drivers side seat is power of course, it's been replaced twice still and it still moves freely upon acceleration and braking. I filed a lemon law claim on it because it's just not safe to drive. The Dealer Service whatever guy they sent out special looked and said "oh it's normal" "the linkage in it makes it move". Obviously from this forum it's not. I will be using this when I take them to court.

Thanks Everyone! Just know, you're not crazy, it is moving and clicking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm driving a 2029 Nissan Rogue SL for the past 5 months and started to feel the driver seat moves everytime I come to a full stop. Notice not so much for the sound but rather the rocking motion. Tiny motion as it may be, still feels, seat is no fully secured . Will be bringing car to the dealership, not sure if I'll do it just to be amused from their answers.or lack of solutions. Or maybe if I'm lucky they will fix it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts