Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Evil Moderator
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey man. My ATi 9200 has Video and S-Video outs along with the VGA output. When I hook it up to a TV however, the resolution is less than acceptable. I'm thinking that my television just doesn't have the resolution that I need. Would purchasing an HDTV monitor help me out here since the card is converting the signal to digital for me? Or am I just not doing something right?

Anyone else who might know is more than welcome to chime in as well.

David

Also rob, I misplaced your number. Call me at the house. (936) 295-6462.

·
Registered
167 Posts
A good 20 inch lcd television will only go up to 1026x800 resolution. So its going to be hard to find a good tv to match the resolution and clarity of a normal computer moniter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well the s video will look good for a movie (playing from your computer) but anything else such as browsing the internet it will pretty much blow, largely due to the resolution capabilities of your TV. If you want a big picture with decent resolution, any hdtv will do (its 1024x768) if you want better resolution than that in an lcd or plasma over 30 inches you should be prepared to spend over 5k because things really freaking expensive really quick. just my .02¢

·
Industrial Design Lackey
782 Posts
yea 1024x768 is good. ive used my computer on normal TV's and its ok for some gaming but i had to turn down the res on my computer so that everything is real big. you can play games and do other things fine so long as theres not much reading required. and damn where are you findin an HDTV for 750? :)

·
Evil Moderator
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an HDTV Monitor. Doesn't have the HDTV tuner built in. But then again, there's not much available for Hi-Def here yet, so I don't really need the tuner right now. I just want the good resolution.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM RCA!!!

You seen that pile of plastic trash in my living room?
paid $800 for that RCA and it just stopped working a week out of warranty.. bit of searching on the internet says this problem is VERY common in all RCA models and is basically a perfect picture of "planned obsolescence"
They use cheap 140V capacitors on the incoming primary line- which runs at 120V all day long and due to dirty power can often see above max levels.. and it only takes a few milliseconds to burn a cap above its max voltage rating.. Any good engineer will design anything on the incoming power line to handle at LEAST 200% or more of the actual voltage, just because of issues like this. They obviously didn't.

Soooo, RCA designed these things to fail... and they have no intention of stopping since most of their power supplies are made this way now... horray for cost cutting!

Thus.. STAY AWAY FROM RCA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts