Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put some toyo proxes 205/45/16 on my car
and there has been loud road noise...
I just wanted to knoe if this is normal...? There is also alot of vibration in the front....

The noise is mostly coming from the front...
the tires were balanced!!!!!!

Thanks,
Rob

L

·
0 Posts
was the car aligned properly???how old are the struts and the coils up in front....

L

·
0 Posts
might wanna get some coils and some struts for it..Eibach coils and some KYB adjustables will suit you fine...

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Ya know...I think anytime you go to a lower profile tire or a performance tire there is going to be a little more noise. I had the same problem when I got mine. Just need to turn up the music. :D

B

·
0 Posts
do you not trust my judgement......j/k. i told you that when you changed the rims, the spoke pattern was altered, allowing more air to go through. therefore causing more wind resistance (greater noise), like timbo said......turn up the music. but dont worry. i heard the same thing when i went from the stock rims to what i have now. does anyone else agree with my assesment?

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
bigsad said:
do you not trust my judgement......j/k. i told you that when you changed the rims, the spoke pattern was altered, allowing more air to go through. therefore causing more wind resistance (greater noise), like timbo said......turn up the music. but dont worry. i heard the same thing when i went from the stock rims to what i have now. does anyone else agree with my assesment?
Hell yeah! But when the music is up so loud, you don't really notice anything anyway, just the bump, bump, bump from the base :D:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts