Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a few mods done to my 240 now: single cam ka turbo, kyb's, brakes, ect... just your basic stuff - in any case i have enough "go" to back up a set of rims now. lol so lets get this ball rollin. it goes without sayying the rims will be XX x 8 if possiable.....

my budget is around 700-1000 for the rims and tires. cheaper if possiable, not more expensive. and that has to include shipping.

16's vs 17's? my main concern here is fender gap, im on dropzone springs/kyb agx struts. about 2.8-3.0 inch drop over stock. personal experience of the acceleration difference would be apperciated as well.

Good place for rim/tire packages that ship to canada?

Tire Width: i already have the plastic front fender guards removed, if im not mistaken, the rears are removable as well? haven't seen my car in a while... how wide can i go in the front and rear with the respective sizes- without any rubbing issues.

Tires: anyone reccomend some resaonaly priced, good treadwear/great performance tires?

types of trims: just looking for some first hand opinions of different rims. im currently looking at some 5zigen FN01RC ones. heres a pic of them on a dirty mitsu

any other opinions welcome!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hello,

I have a few mods done to my 240 now: single cam ka turbo, kyb's, brakes, ect... just your basic stuff - in any case i have enough "go" to back up a set of rims now. lol so lets get this ball rollin. it goes without sayying the rims will be XX x 8 if possiable.....

my budget is around 700-1000 for the rims and tires. cheaper if possiable, not more expensive. and that has to include shipping.

16's vs 17's? my main concern here is fender gap, im on dropzone springs/kyb agx struts. about 2.8-3.0 inch drop over stock. personal experience of the acceleration difference would be apperciated as well.

Good place for rim/tire packages that ship to canada?

Tire Width: i already have the plastic front fender guards removed, if im not mistaken, the rears are removable as well? haven't seen my car in a while... how wide can i go in the front and rear with the respective sizes- without any rubbing issues.

Tires: anyone reccomend some resaonaly priced, good treadwear/great performance tires?

types of trims: just looking for some first hand opinions of different rims. im currently looking at some 5zigen FN01RC ones. heres a pic of them on a dirty mitsu

any other opinions welcome!
there was a write up about 1.5 years ago on this forum. about wheel size and offsets. you might want to be more worried about offset that the rim size. do a search on wheel offsets on this section of the forum and it should pop up. its been answered many times

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
16's in my opinion wil always have beter acceleration... physics answers that for you there...
that all depends on the torque that you have. if you have a lot of torque 16 or 17 doesnt matter what matters is traction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
that all depends on the torque that you have. if you have a lot of torque 16 or 17 doesnt matter what matters is traction.
wel then you dont need to wory so much about 16vs17 if your woried about traction its all up 2 the tyre realy... the more tyre on the road the more traction you wil have, its as simple as that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts