Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the max dimensions for rims that a b13 can take. I was a a junk yard today and hit the mother-load. A set of 16'', I believe 15 spoke rims. I didn't really have time to check the dimensions on the rims. They looked like the were in good shape and just need a good polishing and one had some slight curb rash. They were on like a 90 or 91 accord (the body style with the flip up lights). Could these fit my car or should I keep looking. Oh, the guy was asking $250.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Max some people say is 15. Some say 16, others say 17. I myself, am on the 17's side. I'm rollin 17's. 16's are a good size if you don't want to lose a lot of power and still have the looks. I couldn't feel a difference in my power loss. Anyways, check to see if it's 4-lug (obviously) and I think the pattern is 4x100 or something like that. Did they haev tires?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do have tires, but I'm pretty sure at least one of them will have to be changed. What I meant though is, what is the widest the b13 can take. I think the rims are 4-lug universal(had 8 holes)so they'll fit 4x100 and 4x114.5.So what's the widest that can fit.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I believe 7" or 7.5" is the widest you can go with stock offset.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As I can tell from experience, the biggest you can go on a B13 is 17x7.5. I threw them on last spring, with Falken Ziex rubber. The tire size is 205/40/R17. That is the smallest size 17' tire Falken makes, which barely fits under the strut tower. I know some companies make a 35 series (width) or a 200 series in height, but I don't see how tires can get any smaller the one's I bought. As mentioned above, if you're running a stock engine, you might experience a little loss of power with the bigger wheels, but then again, I'm not out to break any land-speed records, and she's still fast as hell. Later.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, it looks like Monday(depending on how much money I will need to put out to paint my car) I'll be getting some rims. Well, if they don't fit there's a place in N.O. that will accept rim trade ins. So If I trade in a set of 16's I can easily get a phat set of 15's. Thanx for the feedback guys. I'll try to get some pics up after the paint job and hopefuly with the rims if they don't get sold.

·
Registered
21 Posts
u can prolly get 7.5" on there but think about it,u wouldn't be able to get an appropriate size tire to fit, u can use 205 but that tire will be stretched so far to fit on 7.5"
you can't use 225 which is about normal for 7.5" rim cuz it'll rub.
so i would say 7" should be max with 205 or even 215 tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts