Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Matt4Nissan said:
You're talking out of your ass. Anything over 16"? My big wheels are simply for show. Also I'm on my 10th set of wheels so I guess I won't learn. I've owned every size wheel 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. I personally think the 18's look the best. As for looking ridiculous, females don't seem to think so.:cool:

p.s. You're not the only asshole
Well let's not get "defensive" about this :)! Chicks dig my
cars too, and they only have 15"'s :D. Guess it's not the size,
but how you "work it", eh?...

·
Registered
88 Posts
200SushiX said:
Well let's not get "defensive" about this :)! Chicks dig my
cars too, and they only have 15"'s :D. Guess it's not the size,
but how you "work it", eh?...
Very true. :)
Too bad I can't show off my super-cool regular old wheels with silver hubcaps, man they rock. lol.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
nissan 0wnz you said:
Too bad I can't show off my super-cool regular old wheels with silver hubcaps, man they rock. lol.
I'm so super cool, I'm still rockin my 13" steels, and not even giving a fuck! It's all about $30 a tire!

·
Registered
393 Posts
in my quest to find 1 se wheel, i just decided to get some 14"s, cuz i dont have the money to spend on new tires. the ones im looking at are the cheapest alloys i can find: will my tires be ok w/ 14x6? the 6" wide seems kinda wide for 14s, i think stock is 5.5" right? o. theyre the tires that came w/ the car, so i would assume 175/75R14, or whatever... is that ok w/ the 6" wide?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
yes. The tires might look a little funny though. The tread will be skinnier than the rim though so it may look a little bowed out on either side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Matt4Nissan, those wheels look bad ass on the car. I love it. But if I can offer my knowledge on this whole ladies vs. wheels debate, when it comes to most girls, they don't give a shit what kind of car you drive. Most girls have no idea, and if they do:

1) They're a car nut like us, and it won't matter.
2) They want you for your car, and thats just not good.

Just thought I'd put in my .02.

J

·
0 Posts
For those of you pimping the Kumho 712s, let me highly recommend to you the Sumitomo HTR Z-II. Only a few bucks more, but they develop better grip wet and dry and better cornering stability, say most folks who've tried both. Unfortunately, they're only available in 16+.

·
Registered
228 Posts
nissan 0wnz you said:
Like these(?):

The "beater" looks MUCH better with the 15" bronze Rotas;
in fact, I got complimented the other day on them, but the
guy obviously didn't "know his shit": he thought they were
Spoons :D.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
At least they are not those chrome hubcaps that look like rims from far away, then when you get up close they are polished plastic.

·
Registered
393 Posts
looks sweet, man.... i wish i had the money for some nice rims. i was looking @ the 15" bronze konig heliums, or divas; i dont have enough for them. so im gonna go down to americas tire co. and get "the cheapest 14" alloys they have." el presidente is that a custom grill, or did you buy it? i made one, but it looks like sh*t. i could figure out a way to get the grill to stay in there, and have that "recessed" look. mine is sort of bent in the shape of this bracket | (back) ] (front) | know what i mean? i dunno if thats a good explaination

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah those are 16's.

The grill I made myself, using a hacksaw and some diamond mesh from home depot. I took my time on it and it turned out fine. I'm not sure exactly what youre talking about by it not fitting flush, but ever since I got my halo projectors, I've had to zip tie my grill in, you cant tell, its just that the little snaps that are supposed to hold it in place dont fit right.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
El_Presidente said:
Yeah those are 16's.

The grill I made myself, using a hacksaw and some diamond mesh from home depot. I took my time on it and it turned out fine. I'm not sure exactly what youre talking about by it not fitting flush, but ever since I got my halo projectors, I've had to zip tie my grill in, you cant tell, its just that the little snaps that are supposed to hold it in place dont fit right.
Yeah dogg, the halos aren't made to fit the stock grill all to well, mine barely snaps in on the sides. the main snap holding in on is the middle one, and if I mesh out my grill, I know it's gonna barely stay on and I'll have to Ghetto rig it like he did!

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, i just got a set of konig divas... 14s tho, i cant afford to plus size, cuz of tires. ill post pics of the car w/ the wheels and the grill... i dont like my grill tho. haha

21 - 40 of 42 Posts