Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thinking of getting some 18x7.5 Konig Rated R's anybody have a good suggestion about tire size and make I should stick on there, will I have a problem with this size? I can get rims at near cost so I can choose another size if that works better

·
Registered
170 Posts
On a 7.5" wheel, you'll want at least 215 series tires, if not 225. I'd say go with a 7" wheel instead so you can put a 205 series tire on without any issues.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure that the rated r 18's come in anything lower then a 7.5, I'm thinking the tires are where I'm gonna run into the money

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I strongly recommend picking up a set of Kumhos. They are excellent tires for the price. I have a set on my 15s, and they're incredibly grippy both dry and wet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
samo said:
I strongly recommend picking up a set of Kumhos. They are excellent tires for the price. I have a set on my 15s, and they're incredibly grippy both dry and wet.
I agree!

·
Registered
150 Posts
215/35/18, anything bigger you will have to start cutting. I've ran 225/40/18's on my car, not only did they look like crap I had to modify a few things to get them on there. The upside to that is, if you can fit 225/40/18's you can fit 215/35/19's on there!

·
Registered
228 Posts
omega said:
I've thinking of getting some 18x7.5 Konig Rated R's anybody have a good suggestion about tire size and make I should stick on there, will I have a problem with this size? I can get rims at near cost so I can choose another size if that works better
You're crazy, man, especially with a "plain-jane" GA16. I've
got Rota Slipstreams on mine, (15X6.5), and that size is
MOST phat and massive, at least on an econo-car. Don't
get 18's; if you're thinking "wider is better", get a set of
Volk TE-37's at 15X8.0. Those would be "fat as shit", and
probably "a'hell'ava" lot lighter then Konig 18X7.5's.
What's the weight on those, anyway?

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can't exactly use the term Massive when referring to a 15" wheel. They're tiny. When I had my 15's on it looked like 13's. Even looking back at the pictures it looks pathetic IMHO. I've seen some nice 16's on B14's that don't look too bad. But if you want big then there's really no other option then 18's. Tire prices have gone down over the years and you can get 18" wheels for good prices if you shop around. GO BIG! Nothing beats the looks you get when rolling on some nice big wheels. Believe me I know I'm on my 10th set of wheels.:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
shessshhhh

shessshhh......what ever happened to 17's these days?.....thats what I got and there the perfect blend of not to big and not too small. Just my opinion.....but hey if you can make 18's fit go for it!
Peace!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
15's are purposeful. Not only for looks, but for more function than fashion. Fashion takes a back seat in my life.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OPIUM3 said:
15's are purposeful. Not only for looks, but for more function than fashion. Fashion takes a back seat in my life.
I agree....Also, I forgot to mention that the 15X6.5 Rotas are
lighter than the 14X5.5 "steelies". Whatever you do, get
"lighter than stock" rims, regardless of which size you decide on.
Unless you want "show only", because with that slug of an
engine, you will feel REALLY "sluggish" with heavier wheels.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'd have to go with sentra-gtr1 on this. i never even though you could fit 18's on that sentra. i'm more than happy with my 17's on my B13. when you get up there, you're really starting to talk about sacraficing a lot of ride quality. Plus you run the risk of your car looking like some sort of carnival ride. But if you do, and you're talking tires, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with Falken, especially the Azeni's. They're sweet.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
well i seem to be the little guy on this thread because i have a b12 with 16s on it and they are fine with no problems. id have to agree with everyone on the kumhos. they are great tires. sad tosay though i ruined my front set and had to get2 fast and found some bs remingtons for 40 a piece at JFT. and ive been haiting life ever since. u want the best for ur money , but dont go too cheap or u will slide into parking spots like i do lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm getting new wheels and tires for my Sentra soon, I'm taking all this into mind... if y'all have any other suggestions let me know.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
I have 17's now on 205/40 Kumho's. I did the calculations, and 18's with 215/35's are only a inch and a half bigger.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You fuckers are CRAZY! Anything over 16" is going to be/look
ridiculous. All I can say is: buy the shit, put it on, and one day,
you'll agree. But, for now, I guess, I'm "just an asshole", but it's
cool...I know, and so will you, one day.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You're talking out of your ass. Anything over 16"? My big wheels are simply for show. Also I'm on my 10th set of wheels so I guess I won't learn. I've owned every size wheel 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. I personally think the 18's look the best. As for looking ridiculous, females don't seem to think so.:cool:

p.s. You're not the only asshole

1 - 20 of 42 Posts