Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i be able to clear suspension, z32 brakes, and/or fenders with 17x9 +20mm rims on my s13? will they stick out enough for me to need widebody fenders/fender flares?

my front fenders are fiberglass and i would prefer not to roll them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you should be plenty fine with that size for the brakes. they will stick out a small bit but i dont think enough to need flares. your suspension fitament will depend mostly on your coilovers. they are all slightly different. post a few pics so we can see what they look like after you ae done :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
slideurride said:
will i be able to clear suspension, z32 brakes, and/or fenders with 17x9 +20mm rims on my s13? will they stick out enough for me to need widebody fenders/fender flares?
I thought about getting similar rims so tell me how they turn out. If you have trouble with your rims hitting your brakes, get wheel spacers. I have 17 x 7 enkeis with wheel spacers for my brake upgrade.

·
Registered
166 Posts
*Clearance of wheels for Z32 brake upgrade is entirely dependent on wheel spoke AND wheel design, NOT on offset of wheel.
-Wheel width/offset needed for clearance of coilovers is as follows (disregarding brake clearance):
Width Offset
6" +54 or lower
6.5" +45 or lower
7" +40 or lower
7.5" +34 or lower
8" +30 or lower
8.5" +24 or lower
9" +20 or lower
*these numbers are for the fronts only

Note that this does not take into account variations in offset calculation by manufacturer, or tire sidewall bulge. This list also does not take into account differences in design of coilovers (esp. lower brackets on coilover kits which can cause changes in wheel clearance issues). This list also only applies to the FRONT WHEELS and is intended as a GUIDE for reference.
The LARGEST wheels that will fit the front of a S13/14 with stock fenders is 9" wide. The rear can take up to 10.5" wide with a very specific offset AND must dial in negative camber. To fit large wheels one must use negative camber to ensure proper fender clearance.

thats from Az240sx.org id higly recomend you search those forums for more info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts