Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ready to order a set of 18" enkei's, then I started reading up on the affect of large rims on performance. I would like some opinions on what size rims would not hurt performance too bad but still be at least 17". I have a buget of $1050, but it would be great if i didnt have to spend that much. I am not worried about the performance so much that I would take rims that are ugly. Thanks for any help you can provide, if you recomend any, it would be great if you could give me the name to a site or a link. :cheers:

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Id go with like a 15 or 16inch rim. I got 17's on mine and it felt a differents in the take off

If you still want 17 etc, look into the buddy club p1 rims. They got 15" that weight about 13lbs and there 17's come in at about 16lbs each

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you want to save some money go to wheelsnext.com
they have some nice wheel/tire combinations
i have 17's on my 200SX SE and feel every bump. now im running 14's for the winter and the ride seems much smoother
good luck with your search

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
16in is your best wheel. it gives more "bling" than a near stock 15in. but you dont get that harsh ride from extra low profile tires. i personly like 15in. wheels with a little meatier tire, i think it has a more aggresive look than small dinky girly looking tires lol (kinda rally like, i guess :rolleyes: ) but i think unless you have a larger car big wheels and small tires looks doofy and out of place IMO. tell me this isnt bad ass.

= coolest wheels ever!
from NPM. mikes car

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
my car had 13s stock, 15s on my b14 sentra was a step up and it made some difference in the way the car handled and they looked much better than 13s. I recently got 17s and ..I can hear more of the road noise and the car hits the potholes harder than before due to lower profile tires..but it handles a lot better than before. I think i should also mention that my car is 2.5" dropped in the front and 1.1" in the rear which aslo makes difference in the performance. But if you just wanna go with looks..17s look good.

·
Registered
722 Posts
just say NO to the word "bling" its played out like supra wings

I personally like the hotwheels like proportions you get with big wheels on a small car and really with the advent of 28" on hummers 17's arent big anymore. i really wish i went with 18's instead. when i start my career and if i still have the sentra i'm going to put 19's with a custom sheetmetal widebody with a sr20det with about 350 or so whp to spin them. a bmw m3 csl comes with 19's factory and its only marginally bigger than a b14, a spec v comes with 17's from the factory (i wish they fit on b14's) a scion tc comes with 17's from the factory, a 04 s2000 and the mazdaspeed miata come with 17's and if i'm not mistaken both are smaller than a b14 and all look pretty damn good. granted all these car have way more power than your average b14 but we are talking looks not perfromance here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
superfro86 said:
just say NO to the word "bling" its played out like supra wings
LMFAO.

you should copyright that phrase man.
haha. had me laughing for a good while.

superfro86 said:
I personally like the hotwheels like proportions you get with big wheels on a small car
i like that too.

although for performance reasons, ill stick to 15" for my SE-R.
but, 16" would be the biggest id ever go.
even if i ever go apoolin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts