Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,288 Posts
I read that the back sags on these, and then i looked at mine (2003) and sure enough the back is sagging a bit. They recommended a slight increase in height and rate. will try and see if I can find .....
btw OEM's still good at 69k....

Ohh- what the hell is an altitude edition, mines been over 12,000 ft several times with no problems....

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Funny, i lived in Colorado and they had real altitude editions from the manufacturer's as new vehicles.....
My Se has after market leather.
Yes i think you may have had two bad shocks. Length should be fine.
I had a Toyota Tercel with tire wear and they replace one front spring at 14,000 miles ( two front tires twice).
Tire wear went from 7,000 miles to 40,000 on cheapo tires !!
So yes one spring can go bad. BTW they sent to car to an Audi dealership when they (Toyota in Albuquerque) struck out on fixing it.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I have always lowered the car onto its wheels and had all weight on the wheels before tightening the bushings.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Every car where I have worked on the front control arms the Factory instructions are to put the weight on the wheels before tightening.
What cars...
Nissan, Jaguar, Vauxhall ( English GM) , standard triumph, Impala, Camaro, Audi, and these are just the ones i can remember I removed the front control arms, some i replaced the bushings....
Rear suspension when applicable, Jaguar comes to mind.
For nissan,

I hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.