Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I did a mod suggested by someone else today and removed the pipe and the black piece on my intake.

I was just wondering since i have an E16i filter in there could i use the E16 airbox lid and have an open filter kinda thing? Think of those old muscle cars if you dont know what im saying. Basically it would be 360* of pure airflow.

How is the E16 airbox lid attached. I seem to recall that it has 2 screws that stick up straight and hold the airbox lid on with wingnuts.
If this is the case, how far apart are the screws? (measure from the center of one, to the center of the other)

-Nick

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I thought of cutting up my airbox too. I think the E16i and the GA16i share the same TB so it should fit.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Don't take my word as the truth. I could be wrong, make sure you measure both BEFORE you buy

·
Registered
539 Posts
Let me know how it goes, I still haven't done the kn filter mod, but I'm glad the intake mod worked out well for ya, I like the sound the car makes much better with all the intake crap gone.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it goes like this... I was driving out of my school parking lot and my friend sqealed his tires, so i followed in turn, of course niehter of us noticed Contsable Dwayne Peace standing on the sidewalk, who in turn pulled us over. He was in a good mood that day so he decided to call our parents, who in turn took the Sentra away till thursday.
When i get it back, ill go to the salvage yard and do the comparisson, while im there, I'll see if I cant take some measurements of the header.

-Nick

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I think I would rather get I ticket

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am still on my parents insurance with minimum coverage and 1 ticket, but i have student honors etc and I still pay $1200 a year which isn't bad compared to teens who have their own car, i can't wait till i'm 25 then it drops! i have to check to see if it dropped when i turned 21, my roomates insurance dropped from 2800 to 2100 when he turned 21.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im also on my parents, but with my plan a single demerit or ticket will shove my insurance up $1000 a year. That would suck. With allt he discounts and stuff I pay like $650 a year as an occasional driver. So i guess im lucky, its still alot of money. What sux even more is that girls get their insurance so cheap! 80% of the accidents that have happened at my school involved girls, yet they get the good insurance rates. Go figure.

-Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts