Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_...group_ID=13138&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

This things rocks my socks. OK, so it costs as much as all four tires on your car, but if you're ever on the side of a stage road in the rain with a flat or decide to psyche out your competition with a last moment tire change, you'll appreciate the way it puts the power of an impact in a portable form. Uh, I guess you could use it in your driveway too. A nice gift for yourself, you deserve it!

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
that's pretty cool

I got one of the super cheap 12volt powered ones a while back, it was good for breaking lugs loose, not much faster than using the tire iron, I never used it to tighten lugs, cuz i'm a ludite and like to tighten my lugs by hand.

How does the snap-on one work? does it spool up and when you push the chuck in a bit it goes k-thud?

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It works the same as a regular impact. k-thud, k-thud. It has a good rate of speed, not as fast as a proper air wrench, but waaaaaaaay faster than by hand. We keep an extra battery pack handy, but one pack is usually good for a day of racing (Usually 2-3 tire changes in service).

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
:thumbup: Wow !!

it cost a lot but man... thats the thing for the week-end racer/dragstrip :)
even if your car does 17sec youll still look cool ;) on my wish list too :D

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
one of my mechanic friends has one. definitely worth it. it works just as fast as a regular impact (and sounds like it), but it's less powerful. 160ft lb of torque compared to the 400 my 1/2" air impact does.

but when you're at the track it's freakin awesome to do a tire change in a minute- by yourself. me want. :)

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My dad is a tool salesman so I have a lot of experience with many different tools and brands. Snap On had some quality control issues with that series for a while. I believe they got it sorted out but just pay attention to how it is working and if it acts up get it back to Snap On

·
Registered
6 Posts
Snap-On does have a good impact, Mechanics out in the field use them to change cutting edges on motor graders, And it pulls them tight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts