Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a recent, good review of available OBD Scanners on the market? I'm seeking a summary of software-based (via Wifi or Bluetooth) vs. hard wired tools, and bang for buck of each brand and model. Hoping to find a good (stable, intuitive, functional) software package, but am not opposed to hard wired tool if that's actually a better way to go.
Thx!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, does anyone have any recommendations for just a basic scanner that will work with a '95 pickup (which, I assume, is pre- OBD II)? Lots of never-heard-'em brands to choose from on Amazon. Nearly everything is OBD II. Not sure a converter cable is a solution.

Thank you for your comments.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
The only tool I know that will work with a 95 Nissan truck is a tool by Kent-Moore that is practically impossible to find outside of older Nissan dealers. It's not really a "scan tool," but a tool that connects to a large, black connector located near or behind the driver's kick panel. It has a pair of LED lights and a toggle switch plus emits an audible tone to coincide with the LED flashing. It is used to access the ECM codes and to change the diagnostic ECM modes remotely, so one doesn't have to remove the front passenger seat to access the ECM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts