Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done a lot of reading, still haven't found a clear answer. Hoping this forum will result in something specific,
Same issue here KB... I can turn off the rear brake in the settings, but it resets after next startup of the vehicle. Turning it off every time I need to drive the car does not seem like a viable option. Surprised there isn't more on this forum or the web in general. I'll reach out to my dealership, but not feeling optimistic here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, shutting the emergency brake off is not difficult, in the console settings its Driver Assistance > Driving Aids > Emergency Brake > Rear Brake in the setup. Has to be done every time the vehicle is started, which is insane.

I found two older fixes on YouTube last night.

I tried taping just a piece of paper over each of the sensors and that worked to stop the sensors which in turn engage the brake. I am not going to ride around like that, so need to find a sleeker way to do it that isn't going to damage the paint. Thinking a foam adhesive that maybe I can paint over w/ matching car color.

The other alternative that I see is getting into the bumper and disconnecting the power source to the sensors. There is a panel under the car that prevents easy access to this, but may not be difficult to take off. This would be a little more ideal than placing something over the sensors.

I am fairly confident covering or disconnecting the sensors is the only fix here. I've driven around without rear sensors for 20+ years and the camera still very much works.

With all of this said, I am going to engage my dealership first to see if they can do the disconnection for me, but somewhat expecting them to say no.

It's crazy to me that a bike rack on a compact SUV isn't considered in the design. Very poor, but see similar issues with Suburus and Jeeps too.

~grc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts