Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's I am haveing a few issue's with whats new to me but an older 96 Sentra with High miles. I figure why screw around so I went out and found a 46k replacment motor and trans. My question is what is the best way to do this without a lift? The manual is showwing what appears to be a removal from the bottom. I have no lift.... Help

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Doubt about it! I have a cherry picker that has seen quite a few V8's! But won't know how to act with this puppy! Anyone have any idea's on what the best way to do this swap without a lift?? It looks fairly easy with the right equipment but can be a problem without the lift? Ahe heck I will improvise for sure! Been there done that before!! Any info will be appreciated!

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
No Doubt about it! I have a cherry picker that has seen quite a few V8's! But won't know how to act with this puppy! Anyone have any idea's on what the best way to do this swap without a lift?? It looks fairly easy with the right equipment but can be a problem without the lift? Ahe heck I will improvise for sure! Been there done that before!! Any info will be appreciated!
disconnect the motor and jack the car up, understand what i mean?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure do Wolf but just how high doe it have to go? As I said it looks easy enough but the key is to be able to get it high enough to clear the top of the engine. And from where I'm standing that looks a lot higher that what a jack will do?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool so you been there done that? The cheery picker will go high enough to sneak it out? I am planning to take the whole deal out auto trans and all. And role another assembly in... Were is the best place to grab the car? I don't want to damage anything.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts