Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating a motor swap. I have a 95 200SX GA16DE and I found a 99 Sentra GA16DE pretty cheap that I want to swap in there. My Motor's got 240+k miles and I am getting sick of replacing broken crap on it.

Question: Are Sentra vs. 200SX motors the same, and has anything changed between 95 and 99 that is going to make me not be able to use my 95 sensors and ECM?

Thanks

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
SoCalB14 said:
I am contemplating a motor swap. I have a 95 200SX GA16DE and I found a 99 Sentra GA16DE pretty cheap that I want to swap in there. My Motor's got 240+k miles and I am getting sick of replacing broken crap on it.

Question: Are Sentra vs. 200SX motors the same, and has anything changed between 95 and 99 that is going to make me not be able to use my 95 sensors and ECM?

Thanks
The engines themselves are the same, but the manfolds are different. For instance the 99 will have the exhaust manifold with a close coupled cat, the 95 may not. The intake manfiolds also are different.
I would take the manifolds and everything attached to them off the 99, pull the 95, pull the manifolds off the 95, clean the 95 parts, then put them on the 99 and install the motor.

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
aminidab said:
The engines themselves are the same, but the manfolds are different. For instance the 99 will have the exhaust manifold with a close coupled cat, the 95 may not. The intake manfiolds also are different.
I would take the manifolds and everything attached to them off the 99, pull the 95, pull the manifolds off the 95, clean the 95 parts, then put them on the 99 and install the motor.
what he said plus .. some of the sensors around the MAF are in different locations

:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Hmmm. Maybe not a good idea. No telling what happened to the 99 engine since I can't hear it run. Too much to go wrong. I guess I'll have to keep going and see if I can hit 500k miles :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts