Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all. For those who don't know, I' m in the middle of rebuilding my frame, 95 truck. It's amazing how they can rot out. Anyways, while I was checkin' some stuff out lastnight, I decided it would be best if I replaced my fuel lines as well. Gonna do brakes too, I figured that the brake line size was 3/16. So now I gotta figure out fuel line size. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, out of all of the reading I have done, I can only assume the following.............One line is going to be 5/16, and the other size is going to be 3/8. I hope this is correct.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,049 Posts
An important thing to consider is that everything on the truck is measured in metric units instead of English SAE units. When you buy fuel hose, it must be high pressure rated and by metric size.

I'm guessing that the 5/16" approximation will probably be 8 mm and the 3/8" will be 9 mm or 9.5 mm.

If you can't find the proper hose at local auto parts stores, then a Nissan dealer will definitely have it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i called the dealer yesterday, and they want a pile of money, of course. so i'm gonna make up my own lines since there are no special fittings. when i was talking to the dealer, their program didn't show what size lines it took. i found that strange...........

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my line change went well, i used 5/16 for the feed, and it looks to me that the return is the same size. So i'll change that out as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts