Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace my injectors tommorow with new ones and I've never done anything as involved. I'm looking through the manual and it isn't clear (to me at least, but I'm not that bright...) whether you have to remove the upper portion of the intake manifold to get to the fuel rail. Is it possible to get the fuel rail off without removing the upper intake?

1994 Sentra

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I worked all morning and though it was a hard fought battle, success! I had to disconnect all the lines specified in the Chilton's manual, plus a couple of extra electrical lines and an oil tube, but I was able to manuever the rail out. I managed to not even lose the hard rubber gromets for the rail bolts. I guess it is true, God does protect drunks and fools!

But for all this, my injectors aren't at the parts store yet. They better hurry, or I'll forget what I did.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
James, are the injectors new? what do you want for them, are they OEM bosch units?
Thanks Chris 92 classic

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
u had to disconnect an oil line???

be careful not to break the FRAGILE plastic tips of the injectors. they like to fall into the injector port/hole.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of the bottom of the top half of the manifold... There was a small oil line that if I took off, I could manuever the fuel rail out . The part of the fuel rail that connect to the fuel lines (curves around the corner) was snagging on it. I have the new injectors in the fuel rail, though I mangled a couple of those screws that hold the caps on. I'll put it back in today.

Go Devils...I went to ASU too.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
oh ya, those screws are tough to remove the very first time. i think they use some sort of loctite on them from the factory.

additional tips

1.make sure u lubricate the o-rings on the injectors before putting them in. i use a little motor oil. if the o-rings leak or dont seat properly, youll have a fountain of gas spraying....

2. if you have trouble lining up the manifold gasket with lower and upper portions, then use a couple dabs liquid gasket to hold it in place.

good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts