Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my entire exhaust. I have already purchased the cat back and I intend on purchasing hotshot headers will I have to replace the catalytic converter. If i need to would a high flow cat work with the hotshot headers. I am also really confused about the whole O2 sensor thing. ANy help or advice is appreciated

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
get an SR20 cat converter. You can get them on the SR20forum.com board fairly cheap, usually about 50 or 60 bucks shipped.

As far as the o2 sensor goes it really depends on what model you have. If you have a cat converter in your manifold and one under you car heres what you have to do:

extend the 1st o2 sensor (the one right in the cat) to the opening for it on the HS header.

The 2nd o2 sensor on these model cars (federal models I believe is what they are called) is just about right under you engine block. That needs to be behind a cat converter. Well, since the federal models have the cat in the manifold it works perfect for that setup, however installing a header REMOVES that cat converter. SO you need to extend the o2 senser (cut the wires, get some connectors and some extra wire) and have that o2 senser welded into your catback somewhere after the cat converter you get.

www.nissanperformancemag.com has a great writeup on project 1.6 turbo

·
Registered
361 Posts
mhoffler said:
I am trying to replace my entire exhaust. I have already purchased the cat back and I intend on purchasing hotshot headers will I have to replace the catalytic converter. If i need to would a high flow cat work with the hotshot headers. I am also really confused about the whole O2 sensor thing. ANy help or advice is appreciated
Hi - here's a thread with plenty of information regarding your question

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=72939

It's the last Stromung GB.. a lot of peoplez had issues with what kind of cat to get, etc etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts