Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My belt has been squeaking for quite awhile, and found that the belt is pretty chewed up and the alt. housing is cracked, which is probably why it isn't keeping tensior, or the pulleys are just dirty.

First I am looking for any kind of tensioner pulley or an adjustment screw for the belt. I found the one for the PS/AC belt (which is not installed) but not one for the alternator.

Can anyone tell me step by step how to adjust the tension and replace the belt? Or point me to a link or FSM...

SR20DET S13 Blacktop
Thanks

· Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,651 Posts
MrIllegalX said:
First I am looking for any kind of tensioner pulley or an adjustment screw for the belt. I found the one for the PS/AC belt (which is not installed) but not one for the alternator.

SR20DET S13 Blacktop
Thanks
When looking at the alternator, you should see a long slotted bracket mounted across the alternator just behind the pulley. There's a long tension adjusting bolt that screws into the end of the bracket then through a pivot that has a locking bolt. Loosen the locking bolt and turn the tension adjusting bolt to either tighten or Loosen the belt tension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.