Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I just bought a '90 240 and I have some money left over (not a lot) to buy and engine for it because the KA in it is pretty much shot, burning oil and running like sh** and I'm trying to decide between swapping in a CA-DET or just buying another KA and running maybe 10-15 psi (a little later on). I don't really have the time for a rebuild or the money for an SR swap and I kinda want to do something thats not seen as often anyway. So between the KA and the CA what do you guys think?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,050 Posts
If you want something different and you seem to be leaning in that direction, then go for a CA18DET. It bolts up with no problem. You can use either the KA M/T or the CA M/T. Just make sure to use an M/T driveshaft. The CA wiring is similar to the SR wiring.

Good luck on you venture.

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
i say CA. a lot of people over look it, and its a strong and reliable motor as long as you take care of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I ended up just getting a KA because there was one close by with decent mileage (~160K ) and I got it for $450. I wanted to do the CA but i couldn't really find one for a decent price or without the transmission coming with it so I guess I'm keeping it USDM for now. But anyways, thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
407 Posts
KA all the way do a nice rebuild on the old motor throw a turbo on it and save about 2 grand over doing a swap...KA-t.org for all your KA-t information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts