Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw a post that someone replaced there broke or yellowed headlights from JCwhitney for $55.? I couldn't find the post again and i couldn't find them on the site. Any one have any links, or good headlights for a 91 for sale?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
People put the Tsuru (mexican b13) headlights in. They're like $300 and comes with a different grill (ugly IMO). I don't know what OEM replacements cost but they're probably like $50 a side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
maybe your saying that because you cant afford to get them.thats always the case with you guys .putting down what you cant get.give it a break already

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
chuckone said:
maybe your saying that because you cant afford to get them.thats always the case with you guys .putting down what you cant get.give it a break already
Offering an honest opinion and putting something down are not the same. I doubt anyone who finds the Tsuru lights and/or grill ugly feels that way because of the cost. That doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Give it a break? It hasn't even started. First off I think the Tsuru headlights are badass, it's the grill I can't stand. If I ever get the kit I'll modify my existing grill. And just to put it into perspective for you, not to brag or anything, but I've set aside over $5K to put into my car, so the cost of the Tsuru's is not what's holding me back. I just can't justify spending $300 on a headlight mod. I know guys that spend $1K on headlight mods, and I'm more into performance enhancing mods. $1K will go a long way to make a car faster, nobody will notice the headlights are OEM. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with Toolapcfan that the headlights are cool (so clear and diamond-like) -- but the grill is corolla-ish.

Well, maybe I can afford them -- or maybe I can't -- but I don't see how that has to do anything with a mature person's opinion on a non-performance part anyway.

Have fun on these posts, and don't put people into a "category" that you've conjured up in your mind, because that's all it is -- in your mind.

Peace.
Sr20Power

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

yo I myself really like the Tsuru headlights.......Im not really into the grill though but heres a solution- if you dont like the grill do something about it, modify it..........the great innovators of this world didnt get great by conforming- they got great by taking chances...........(if the grill is not to your liking.....MAKE IT TO YOUR LIKING)...everyone has a right to there opinion ya know....

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
I'm so glad this topic came up...I was just talking to a body shop the other day that can do custom wire mesh grills...so I was thinking about Tsuru headlights with a wire mesh grill(silver or aluminum?) on my Aztec Red SE-R?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
yo I myself really like the Tsuru headlights.......Im not really into the grill though but heres a solution- if you dont like the grill do something about it, modify it..........the great innovators of this world didnt get great by conforming- they got great by taking chances...........(if the grill is not to your liking.....MAKE IT TO YOUR LIKING)...everyone has a right to there opinion ya know....
Exactly, Like I already said;

First off I think the Tsuru headlights are badass, it's the grill I can't stand. If I ever get the kit I'll modify my existing grill.

B

·
0 Posts
I just put up a post about Tsuru lights in another thread, and didn't even see this one.
Where would I go about getting a Tsuru light kit if I wanted one?

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

yo....you can go to mossyperformance.com to get the Tsuru headlight conversion kit.......ask to speak to Greg Vogel hes really cool and will take care of you. Peace!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im thinking about buying the Tsuru Headlight conversion kit for 350$ comes with the lights and the grill...My question for you guys tho is, is it hard to instal? Or is it more of a pain in the butt than hard?

·
Registered
186 Posts
toolapcfan said:
People put the Tsuru (mexican b13) headlights in. They're like $300 and comes with a different grill (ugly IMO). I don't know what OEM replacements cost but they're probably like $50 a side.
OEM for a B14 is like 130 each side. not sure about a b13

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
The 91 and 92 sentras have glass lens headlights, those run for about 79 bucks each at courtesyparts, you might be able to find em on ebay for about 25 bucks... oh and the tsuru headlights are ugly... no way I would spend 300 bucks on them. I wouldn't take em for free maybe just to sell them. I wish they had more headlight options for the B13s.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are the Tsru Headlights plug in-headlights instead of the damn H-4 type bulb?! I've been trying to find a way to get away from that H-4 with the damn wire. I thought the 92 style would be great cuz it was 9007 but the dementions of the headlights are waaaay off. I'm just trying to convert and be happy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check out a place called Certi-fit...www.certifit.com I got all my frount end parts for my 93 there... headlights $50 a side...fenders $20 Grill $15 etc. All parts are brand new and fit awesome.
-Ben

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just checked that website out and when i entered my car info they couldnt find any parts for it...i even checked for older years like 92 and 93 but nothing came up...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts