Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some snags like a tranny mount bolt snapping while the mount coming off the tranny was still in it and not having 100% of all the bolts, ive caught another snag. The transmission is resting where it should be and has the one mount in on the driver side frame. 3 bolts are holding it to the engine.. The two at the top and the one closest to the rad. This is where I need your help:

This is a drawing of the transmission if you were to look at it from the drivers side. The black dots represents the bolt holes. The black holes circled in red represent the bolts that are in place right now meaning I have used the right bolts. The blue circle is the one im having most problems with.. It's the starter bolt. I have about 4 bolts lying around and Ive tried each bolt about 10 times which leads me to believe I probably lost the right size bolt... If anyone has the time, could they tell me what size those other 3 bolts are?

Example: Bottom 2 bolts are the same size in legnth. They are 4" long with the threads only being 1 inch off the bolt. Also, the thread size is fine

That was just an example.. I think that the 2 bottom bolts are the same size in legnth though...

I know this is a long shot but Im just hoping someone took the time to remember the bolt sizes.. I did but I knocked them all over the place =(

·
Registered
41 Posts
DjLiquid said:
After some snags like a tranny mount bolt snapping while the mount coming off the tranny was still in it and not having 100% of all the bolts, ive caught another snag. The transmission is resting where it should be and has the one mount in on the driver side frame. 3 bolts are holding it to the engine.. The two at the top and the one closest to the rad. This is where I need your help:

This is a drawing of the transmission if you were to look at it from the drivers side. The black dots represents the bolt holes. The black holes circled in red represent the bolts that are in place right now meaning I have used the right bolts. The blue circle is the one im having most problems with.. It's the starter bolt. I have about 4 bolts lying around and Ive tried each bolt about 10 times which leads me to believe I probably lost the right size bolt... If anyone has the time, could they tell me what size those other 3 bolts are?

Example: Bottom 2 bolts are the same size in legnth. They are 4" long with the threads only being 1 inch off the bolt. Also, the thread size is fine

That was just an example.. I think that the 2 bottom bolts are the same size in legnth though...

I know this is a long shot but Im just hoping someone took the time to remember the bolt sizes.. I did but I knocked them all over the place =(

I changed my clutch about 3 months ago, so ICRC, couldn't you remove one of the other bolts and try it in the hole?

I have to assume you need the pitch/thread size?
Ex: M10 1.5 X 30mm ?
I had to use a makeshift bolt once, it was too long, so I threw a couple( ok more like 4) of washers to take up the slack..

·
Registered
734 Posts
DjLiquid said:

If i am not mistaken the two bolts the go into the starter are different. One goes in one way and the other goes in the other way? One that goes in towards the moter is long and the one that goes tords the tranny is small. Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
greenbean699 said:
If i am not mistaken the two bolts the go into the starter are different. One goes in one way and the other goes in the other way? One that goes in towards the moter is long and the one that goes tords the tranny is small. Hope this helps

Ive done the starter too many times to count. I know how the bolts go and the idea of the size and the way the bolts go but i have no clue of the true size of the bolts... sorry to sound rude =/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.