Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

the bad news....
during a blizzard i went off the road, down a hill, thru a fence and shattered the pass. side fender...

the good news...

I m ok. and was able to drive it out with out a tow truck!! haha unreal... actually i was pretty impressed with the X... it wasn't an easy drive out but she did it....

SO...

i don t want to go through insurance cause i ll be paying for it for years, so i want to order the fender and do it myself.... anyone had to take one off? It looks fairly easy at first glance.. thats what scares me... ;) the fender is smashed (cheap plastic) as well ass the wheel well lining, but neither the door or front are damaged at all....

thoughts?

thanks

davin

· Registered
172 Posts
Glad you were not hurt!

It looks like a fairly easy job, especially if you have a service manual to show the steps. The replacement panel will probably have to be prepped and spray painted to match your vehicle colour by a bodyshop. I got my doubts that Nissan offers them pre-painted, but I could be wrong.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx I m glad too!

ya i thought it looked fairly easy as well... i ordered the fender but I ll have to get it painted which sucks... As much as I love my X I can t believe the front fenders are PLASTIC...
$279.43 for the fender... ouch. But it could have been worse of course....

· X-Trail Moderator
974 Posts
thx I m glad too!

.... I can t believe the front fenders are PLASTIC...
$279.43 for the fender....
But if your really think about it you should be glad they are plastic... no dents, no rust, and ALOT easier to replace :)

· XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,232 Posts
But if your really think about it you should be glad they are plastic... no dents, no rust, and ALOT easier to replace :)
Less weight too, which means your exy can go faster ;) The new T31 xtrail has metal fenders and in addition to its overall length increase, it is bloody heavy as a tank, luckily they improved the engine a bit, otherwise it would have been slow as a trutle LOL :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.