Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Nissan Maxima GLE and I was rear-ended today. Long story short, I'll be paying for the repairs myself. The damage isn't extensive, but my rear bumper and driver side tail light need replacing.

To minimalize costs, I was planning on purchasing the parts from http://www.carpartswholesale.com/ and have a couple of friends who own a garage to install them free of charge (I know they do quality work, so I have no worries there).

The only problem is that the bumper comes unpainted. Do any of you know a general price range of how much it would cost to have the bumper painted? Should I purchase it primed or raw, or is this even a good idea at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i can help u on this one, i hope. i recently painted my front bumper over the summer (my intelligent mom backed into me while i was parked in the driveway). the bumper cost me $250 to be painted. i think ur best bet is to ask around at local body shops or pint shops and see what the best price is. but i hope $250 will give u an accurate price to shoot for. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why dont you paint it yourself. Mostlikely it will already come primed. $5 a can of pray paint and you will need two bottles and two bottles of clear coat.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
adithius said:
Why dont you paint it yourself. Mostlikely it will already come primed. $5 a can of pray paint and you will need two bottles and two bottles of clear coat.
Do you know how horrible a rattle can paint job looks?

Hint... check out many of the Fugly hondas running around town...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Help, how do I post a message

trumpetjoe said:
I have a 1996 Nissan Maxima GLE and I was rear-ended today. Long story short, I'll be paying for the repairs myself. The damage isn't extensive, but my rear bumper and driver side tail light need replacing.

To minimalize costs, I was planning on purchasing the parts from http://www.carpartswholesale.com/ and have a couple of friends who own a garage to install them free of charge (I know they do quality work, so I have no worries there).

The only problem is that the bumper comes unpainted. Do any of you know a general price range of how much it would cost to have the bumper painted? Should I purchase it primed or raw, or is this even a good idea at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.
How do I post a message? my first time on.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
looks like you've figured it out. :)

to post a message without the quote, use the little icon that looks like a paper with lines in the bottom right corner of each post.
it'll turn the box at the bottom of the screen white, and you can type your reply in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts