Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8:00am
i pulled up in front of a stop sign in front of a school. this of course is in a residential area. a red car across the intersection from where i'm at also stopped in front of the stop sign.
i sat in my car looking left and right at vehicles driving by. the red car then made a move to cross the intersection.
i look to my left and see a silver car heading towards the red car.
seconds later, crash! an accident. then i saw the silver car heading towards my direction... i tried to reverse to dodge it but there was a white car right behind me.
and then smash! my car got hit! i'm not trying to stereotype anyone but the past accidents i've been involved in (in different cars too) were women. :dumbass:

so my car looks like crap now.
should i get it repaired or get a new one?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I say what do you have to loose? try and fix it. How handy are you? find yourself some fiberglass resin at an auto store, and follow instructions. hell you can fix your car with an old t-shirt and some resin.

as for the hood, not sure, check to see if you can lower the hood "stops" or bumpers.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Camarok said:
I say what do you have to loose? try and fix it. How handy are you? find yourself some fiberglass resin at an auto store, and follow instructions. hell you can fix your car with an old t-shirt and some resin.

as for the hood, not sure, check to see if you can lower the hood "stops" or bumpers.
bumper cover, heat gun... POP!!! then do what you can, those pics arent helping me right now, but it is the AM i just got up, cant hurt to try...

·
Registered
108 Posts
any money comming form the insurance company?? see what happenes with that. if u can get the money to fix it then do it yourself and pocket some of the cash. if not go to a shop and get it fixed. also get the price of a new one and then weigh your options

good luck

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marius said:
any money comming form the insurance company?? see what happenes with that. if u can get the money to fix it then do it yourself and pocket some of the cash. if not go to a shop and get it fixed. also get the price of a new one and then weigh your options

good luck

well, what sucks even more is that the accident report won't be ready till after 3-5 working days. i was thinkin about gettin a new bumper and then try to repair the damaged one. car looks like crap and if it has to go to the shop i need a loaner car cause that's my only mode of transportation. :thumbup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
situation update

here's an update on my situation:
i picked-up my police report this week (took them long enough) and reviewed the information.
the police estimated the damage on my car to be about $800.00.
ok, i'm content with that estimate.
later during the week, i took my car to an aquantaince to have it estimated. he does body work and estimated my damage to be about $1,200 - $1,500. damn! that sucks!
to make it worse, the woman who caused the accident has NO registration and NO insurance!
i might take this to small claims court.

suggestions/comments welcome

·
Registered
86 Posts
my guess is, if she no have insurance, or registration, she prolly doesn't have much else.

i'd see if you can get your insurance to cover it for the 1200 to 1500.

·
Registered
306 Posts
that sucks, same thing happened to my uncle. the guy pleaded not to take hime to court, or anything cause he had no ins., i suppose he didn't beg enough, cuz my uncle took him to court. got everything paid off

i said do what Dav5049915 suggested, depending whose fault it is you should check out the courts. but then again that's a pain too..

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
it may be a pain but if you win its worth it, if the silver car ran the stop sign its their fault no question, what type of intersection was it? was it a 4-way stop, or only a two way? if i was 4 way, the silver car is at fault, if its 2 way the red car is probably at fault.

but yeah talk to your ins. company, find out if they would cover the full repair cost, or look into the courts, or just try to repair it yourself. good luck i hope everything works out for you, and glad to hear your not injured, it could have been worse

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SanMarcosZfreak said:
it may be a pain but if you win its worth it, if the silver car ran the stop sign its their fault no question, what type of intersection was it? was it a 4-way stop, or only a two way? if i was 4 way, the silver car is at fault, if its 2 way the red car is probably at fault.

but yeah talk to your ins. company, find out if they would cover the full repair cost, or look into the courts, or just try to repair it yourself. good luck i hope everything works out for you, and glad to hear your not injured, it could have been worse
it was an intersection with 2 stop signs. i was in front of one, the red car was in front of the other one, and the silver car had right of way.
i checked out my insurance company yesterday and i'm gonna finish the paperwork monday 'cause of a busy work/school schedule.
it sucks driving a car with a messed up front. :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
$1200 to fix that?!?!

Go on ebay and buy a replacement bumper cover and hood for like maybe $300 then have a shop paint it for ya... that'll run probably another 3-400... Some places are friggen rip off's... I've got some minor front end damage on my car from hitting a deer, you cant even really notice it unless your closer than 10ft away and an auto body shop wanted $600 to fix it... I could replace the hood and fender thats damaged and buy paint and a decent quality paint gun and have my dad paint it for cheaper than that(my dad knows how to paint... he just doesnt have a gun).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Omega3k1 said:
$1200 to fix that?!?!

Go on ebay and buy a replacement bumper cover and hood for like maybe $300 then have a shop paint it for ya... that'll run probably another 3-400... Some places are friggen rip off's... I've got some minor front end damage on my car from hitting a deer, you cant even really notice it unless your closer than 10ft away and an auto body shop wanted $600 to fix it... I could replace the hood and fender thats damaged and buy paint and a decent quality paint gun and have my dad paint it for cheaper than that(my dad knows how to paint... he just doesnt have a gun).

well, i'm not paying for it. hehehe. :thumbup:
i'm thinking about getting a new stock bumper and have it painted or get a body kit and have it painted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts