Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is a dumb question and I've tried searching and have come up with absolutely nothing. I'm trying to remove that stupid white pinstriping that runs the length of the car. Mine is all cracked and faded and looks terrible. I can't just peel it off in one strip because it is so deteriorated. Any ideas on how this would be best taken off?? I have black paint, just FYI. Thanks for any ideas, like I said, I searched and found nothing, just looking for some ideas...

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
you could use a hair dryer to loosen the glue up and then try to peel the end up using a plastic scraper or credit card and just work your way down, loosening the glue and pulling it up. Thats what i did. Then use Goof off or what i used which is lighter fluid. Then wash very thoroughly once then wash again then apply a good quality wax.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
91sentra said:
you could use a hair dryer to loosen the glue up and then try to peel the end up using a plastic scraper or credit card and just work your way down, loosening the glue and pulling it up. Thats what i did. Then use Goof off or what i used which is lighter fluid. Then wash very thoroughly once then wash again then apply a good quality wax.
Cool, thanks man. Figured it wouldn't be too dificult, just wanted some opinions, thanks again.

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Heat is always needed and probaby best in the form of a hair dryer. Then you can use something like a credit card for the removal. Luckily I never had a pin stripe on my B14 but I have dealt with them on other cars i've owned. When all is said and done, some goo gone and a polish should be a nice finishing touch, GL. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts