Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE and would like to know how I can take out the CD Player. I believe its the stock cd player (it says CY468 on it). For some reason the light does not turn on the screen so I'm thinking it could be a loose wire in the back?

I wanted to take it out and have a look but can't seem to find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE and would like to know how I can take out the CD Player. I believe its the stock cd player (it says CY468 on it). For some reason the light does not turn on the screen so I'm thinking it could be a loose wire in the back?

I wanted to take it out and have a look but can't seem to find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated!
http://myspecv.com/f/t1969.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey saint0421. I can't access that link. I get the following message on the page: "The forum you are attempting to view requires more permissions than what you have, It is either mod, admin or a member only forum".

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks saint0421! I was able to take out the CD player no problem. Unfortunately, I didn't see any loose wire so I'm thinking its an issue with a CD Player. Will probably have to get a new :-/

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks saint0421! I was able to take out the CD player no problem. Unfortunately, I didn't see any loose wire so I'm thinking its an issue with a CD Player. Will probably have to get a new :-/

Thanks again for your help!
My stock CD player quit playing CDs a LONG time ago. You'll most likely have to be looking into getting a new CD player indeed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks man. Side question. When you get a new CD deck, was it pretty much a straight swap or was there alot to it? Do you recommend a professional?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Cool thanks man. Side question. When you get a new CD deck, was it pretty much a straight swap or was there alot to it? Do you recommend a professional?

Stock for stock it's definitely a straight swap. You just wouldn't be able to use one from a Sentra that came with the RF package. I have an aftermarket JVC headunit. I don't have any issues with wiring something up myself thus I did the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts