Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or whatever you want to call that canister thing that hangs and is attached to the air intake tube, what do I block the opening with (on the intake tube)? I know there's a vacuum tube and I can plug that with a screw or something but the other tube is large (1 1/2 in diameter maybe). There must be some kind of household item that fits in there and can be clamped securely with a hose clamp. ( I am removing this thing because I cracked it when I changed my air filter.):confused:

·
Registered
638 Posts
That little box under the plastic intake tube is a resonator, there's another one in the fender. I removed both of them on my car less dead weight. I used the cap from a bottle of Mobil 1 oil to block off the hole on the intake tube perfect fit nice and tight. You will also notice a bit more growl from your wai after removing that small resonator from the plastic intake tube...

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK then, that's what I'll use. I just happen to have a bottle of Mobil1 sitting on my shelf in the garage and it's good to know the cap will fit that tube and that I won't have to go on a wild goose chase looking for something to plug that tube.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just totally take off your entire airbox and put in an open cone filter. like 20 bucks or so somewhere in town (i.e, O'Reilly's, Pepboys, Autozone, etc). Much better performance and mine growls mean now. Looks better too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts