Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, does anyone know how to remove the amber housing out of the crystal clear corner lights? Thank you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i read a few days ago in these boards that all you have to do is heat the outside edge of the lens with a blow dryer or heat gun, where the seal is, and pull it off. the amber bulb cover should pop off with little force. then all you have to do is super glue the lens back on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stanzaboi - I got the same problem...

Let me know how it turns out....I am in the process of doing the hair dryer /crazy glue thing to get that bullsh-t amber plastic out of the headlight....
I don't know why they put that in there and made it so non-accessible to begin with!!!!

Let me know how it goes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Crystal Clear Amber...

I am not knocking the law in various states...trust me if you take that amber plastic cylinder out of the light and replace the bulb with an amber or super white people should be able to see you just fine.

All I'm sayin' is they could have had the screw accessible from the outside (rear housing of the light) instead of the inside!!!!
Overall, the design of the light is bad...but looks good especially with projectors or crystal clear headlights..

Take it light...
AB

S

·
0 Posts
Bake it.....

200 Deg for 10-15 min. Then pull apart with a screwdriver and razor blade. (razor blade is to cut the glue as you seperate it. Go slowly. When you put it back together a little silicone in the troph and put it back together and back again at the same temp and time. Push it back together. I did it with my crystal clears when I installed C/F in them and the corners....

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
nismo200sxy said:
jus buy the clear corners they are like 25 bucks on ebay
The corners they are refering to are not the same as the ebay $20 ones.... These are the Lucino/Asian market crystal clear corners... They are much nicer and better quality..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Someone said to use super glue when you put them back together. Do not use super glue! The fumes will leave a residue when it drys.

S

·
0 Posts
Clear silicone....

Water soluble untill it cures and its stong and you can clean it up with soap and water if you goof up.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
Syndicate is right!!! Do not use super glue, Whenever you are dealing with lights use silicone glue to seal it back up, that is the best, and you can buy it at like lowes or Home Depot. You can also use it to make clear tailights If you know how to do that. I also recomend letting the crystal corner sit out for bout half an hour after you reseal it with the silicone glue!!

M

·
0 Posts
what about the clear corners from APC? are they any good? they looked better than the ones on e-bay? for $25 more, i would probably get them, if they are any good.:confused:

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Does any one know if you can get crystal clear headlights for the 95-98 Sentra. Rumors said you can get them from the dealership.

M

·
0 Posts
crystal clear haedlights

PIAA and Matrix had them, but:( they are temp out of stock. don't know for how long or if they could still order them. sorry.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
clears........

sentras, b14, 99, in its last year, came equipped with headlights same as the late98 200sx's, they look pretty good, it clearly shows the hyper white bulbs underneath, if equipped, i put polarg hyper white 1157's to my factory corner's but without the bluish tint, they have the "mirror" tint on the bulb and it reflects a nice chome when viewed from the front, and at night, nobody really notices the clear corners because very little, very minute, light passes and they can't see amber when you follow them, unless somebody would like to put strobes on the back of the clear lens inserts, that's cool.........and also, this keeps the cops at a distance......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts