Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that removing the A/C belt on my 1.6 would give me more power and better gas milage. I can see the A/C and the belt but cant see if anything else is running off the same belt. If not could i just take it off or what? does anyone know or has anyone done this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nothing else runs on the AC belt. It just goes aroung the crank pulley then the idler pulley then to the AC. Yes you will have more power if you remove it.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
on my old 91 i removed the belt and all the ac equipment, which saved me like a whole 30 pounds on the front end, not really worth the trouble because the ac compressor bolts are a bitch!!!
but slightly noticable difference, unless i just convinced myself it made a difference because it took me like four hours to do it.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
it was cool in my case the ac hadnt worked in years!!!:eek:
or should i say not cool at all!!:p

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
How the heck do you get an engine bay that clean? Mine's got soo many wires all over the place. Even if I relocate the battery or remove the stereo power wire, it'll still look bad. There's a wire for everything in my car, windows, door locks, seat belts, battery, transmission, alternater, starter, etc! Even the chassis has wires, an engine ground, a transmission ground, and the everything else ground.

Anyone know why these APC silicon couplers turn whiteish powerdery looking?

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Teknokid said:

APC (A Piece of Crap)
They suck.
Hey, thanks man. Where else could I have gotten some couplers? That's the only thing I could find after looking for 3 weeks and not spending $20 each! (Sorry for gettin a little upset...) Now, for a technical reason, why are they doing this? It's only the 2.5" couplers, not the 3" that are further down the CAI. These are a lot better looking than some PVC connectors! :)

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
javierb14 said:
hmmm why not fix the ac and throw on some pulleys......
because at the time i was only making like $180.00 dollars a week!:( now i make much much more, ill tell you that 91' sentra had more ghetto mods than i like to admit. i put all the ac equipment back on when i traded it in and told the dealer it just needed a recharge (ibet there mad at me!!). my new car the ac still dont work, i had a appliance repair friend of mine check it out and he said theres plenty of pressure but my pump doesnt turn on:mad: the fans do but no pump. im still looking into it but if i cant fix it on this car off it goes!!! besides the weight reduction it also gives you a little more room to work under the hood. besides the old rockford fosgates sound better with the windows down anyway!;)

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Here is an idea but maybe since the couplers turned colors because of the heat from the engine. Since the 3" are a little bit more distant, they have less heat radiated upon them. I dont know, its just a thought.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Should I try to get better ones and get my money back? NOPI's pretty cool about stuff. They special ordered these for me and they didn't charge me retail either. How are the hotshot couplers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts