Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some place that it is better to get a low mailage used motor instead of a remanufactured one. It said the cylinder walls are to thin to clean up and can cause overheating problems.

Anybody ever delt with a used or reman. I like some feedback. I

If anybody has a reman where do you get it and how is it working out?

Thanks

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
hookerp said:
I read some place that it is better to get a low mailage used motor instead of a remanufactured one. It said the cylinder walls are to thin to clean up and can cause overheating problems.

Thanks
the cylindre walls are thinner, however if the company knows what they are doing, your fine.

I got a used engine b/c it was cheaper, and honestly it is just as tight if not tighter then my previous engine. Runs just as quiet and smooth as well.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
hookerp said:

Thanks
So long as it is kept within factory specifications for re-boring the cylinders, a remanufactured engine is comparable to a new one. The specifications for reboring from the Factory Service Manual are:

Standard Bore:
Grade 1 Bore: 76.000-76.010 mm
Grade 2 overbore Bore: 76.010-76.020
Grade 3 overbore Bore: 76.020-76.030

Oversize Bore:
0.5mm Bore: 76.475-76.505mm
1.0mm Bore: 76.975-77.005

The engine can be bored out up to 1mm oversize without problems.

Lew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts