Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around the forum i've read that people have been relocating their knock sensors. Well im just getting into tuning up cars and stuff but i was curious as to what exactly does that do? Thanx.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
This thread has some information on what it does. I don't own one of these cars, so haven't been paying too much attention, but as I understand the knock sensor is overly sensitive, causing the timing to retard too much. Relocation prevents this from happening. If you do some searching on "advanced timing" you'll know more about why people are doing this.

·
Registered
369 Posts
specvracer said:
Looking around the forum i've read that people have been relocating their knock sensors. Well im just getting into tuning up cars and stuff but i was curious as to what exactly does that do? Thanx.
moving the knock sensor will keep the ecu from retarding your timing. The best way to do this is to buy a new knock sensor($14)and relocate it to the fire wall and grounding it. Then plug the stock harness into the new relocated sensor and leave the factory knock sensor in place. Doing this will make it easy to take your car in for service.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts