Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have come to conclusion that I dont want my gauges on the A pillar. The only option I can think of its the steering wheel. I am going to ditch the voltmeter since the turbotimer shows me the voltage. So the oil and boost have to move. I saw something like on the sr20forum.

I cant tell if its screwed it or doublesided taped. Would the double sided tape even hold it during hot temps? Does anyone else have a creativity idea of where my 2 gauges could go?

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Center console somewhere?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well its not that pretty, but for best functionality/ ease of reading, I say mount them on top of the dash, right in front of you. That way you can read the gauges without really taking your eyes off the road.

·
1,906 Posts
seximagtr said:
That's a great idea... so while you're at full boost doing a buck 10, you look down at your gauges - trying to read wth it says :hal:
...center console near the top, like on the dash. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
that is true, you know i really never had a problem with mine being on the steering wheel collum, but then again i only had one..................you should mount them on your hood :)

·
1,906 Posts
seximagtr said:
if it's on the dash, then it wouldn't be the center console now would it?... they are 2 totally different mounting spots :fluffy:
ass............ :cheers:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
02SunnyB15 said:
a/f,boost,oil press,volts,water temp. will be replacing volts with egt since the timer and safc show voltage
sunny wow we have the same thinking. I am replacing my voltage with a egt since the timer reads voltage. Let me know what brand your going to buy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rathi134 said:
sunny wow we have the same thinking. I am replacing my voltage with a egt since the timer reads voltage. Let me know what brand your going to buy.
I will most likely be getting the autometer sport-comp one since all my gauges are one brand and plan to keep it that way if i match or switch brands.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
02SunnyB15 said:
I will most likely be getting the autometer sport-comp one since all my gauges are one brand and plan to keep it that way if i match or switch brands.

i wonder if vdo has one. Guess ill search for it later. How easy are they to install and why is it important to measure egt anyway? ima noob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rathi134 said:
i wonder if vdo has one. Guess ill search for it later. How easy are they to install and why is it important to measure egt anyway? ima noob
It's so you can measure how good you car is running by reading the temperature and correlating to wether it's running rich or lean.
I do beleive that vdo makes one.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts