Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever moved to radio to the top and the heat controls down so when you have a cup in the cupholder is downs block the radio?

I looked at it when i was installing my radio, and seems kind of tough, just wondering if anyone has tryed and succeded.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
Wufaded said:
It has been done, I was going to this but I didn't have a dremel at the time. Now I have the right tools, so I might attempt it....

Anyway I used the search function with "HVAC move". I came up with this thread..

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=46486

Along with other threads regarding the move. It is possible.... :)
Yes this mod would be really good but threads all deal with installing gauges and not moving radio up. To put the VAC where the radio is and the radio where the HVAC controls are would be cool :)

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
IanH said:
Yes this mod would be really good but threads all deal with installing gauges and not moving radio up. To put the VAC where the radio is and the radio where the HVAC controls are would be cool :)
That's what I was planning to do. If the HVAC can be moved to the bottom location of the console and still function, I don't see why the stereo and HVAC can't swap locations. It would require some other modifications I'm sure....I guess I won't know until I attempt it myself... :fluffy:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
Wufaded said:
That's what I was planning to do. If the HVAC can be moved to the bottom location of the console and still function, I don't see why the stereo and HVAC can't swap locations. It would require some other modifications I'm sure....I guess I won't know until I attempt it myself... :fluffy:
Yes me too. I am fed up with my cup changing stations on my Radio !! And I cant use the CD on long trips with anything in the cupholders. I have an after market Radio/CD not the factory one, that would be even worse.
I will take some PICS and post here but it may be a while before I start because I have got my gauge cluster to put in first and maybe look at and fix the rear drum brake noise. Also starting to leak Oil...not good.
Let us know how it goes......
BTW I thought it was a good idea to use springs as a spacer on the write up.
Good Luck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts