Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious on what the reliability is like for the 2002/2003 SE-R.
I am now in the market to trade in my '99 GXE Limited for either a 2003 SE-R, Civic EX Coupe, or Protege5.
Since I bought my Sentra new back in February 2000 it has been in the shop 5 times for repair!!:mad: The car only has 21,000 miles.

Your comments/help is appreciated.
Thanks.

:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the Protege5. It handled like a brick when I test drove it. If you don't go teh SE-R route, you would be better off with the Civic (as much as I hate to say that). I haven't heard of anyone having many problems with the SE-R though, so I would imagine it's going to be a pretty stout car, and will get better with time. Good luck!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was the performance like on the Protege5? I have read in the Protege forum that it is just "ok"?

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
The protege5 is nothing spectacular. But they are coming out with a mazdaspeed protege. Its basically the mazda mp3 with a small turbo. Gets like 170hp. The mp3 was supposed to be a pretty good handling car, and i would assume that the mazdaspeed protege would be even better. I still dont like the looks though. Other than wheels, it looks pretty much the same as a regular protege. Which is ugly. But thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went to the 2000 vancouver international autoshow and i found the neon r/t to be by far the more impressive car for interior. 150horse isnt bad either

·
Registered
172 Posts
i went and (curious) test drove the protoge` and after tuning out the sales man and ignoring his pleas to slow down and to not hit the truck at 95 miles and hour whyle changing lanes :D. i decided that it slower than the SE-R and does NOT handle near as well either. also i noticed that it smoked alittle idling and it did this BEFORE i got ahold of it.stick with the SE-R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts