Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been thinking about buying an 05 or 06 Pathfinder for my wife to drive. I was a little surprised to see the thread about 2001 models needing excessive maintenance/repairs. Are the 05/06 Pathfinders any better? I'm particularly interested in hearing from people with higher mileage (like 100k miles) since we plan on keeping this vehicle for a while. And I'd be interested in knowing if you are generally happy with your purchase.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 Pathfinder with 145K miles ( I am a sales rep). I have had to replace my ECM and now my transmission is acting up. I don't know whether i will have to replace it. Be cautious. It is my second, the first was a 1996 very few problems. This one has been an adventure

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2005 Pathfinder with 145K miles ( I am a sales rep). I have had to replace my ECM and now my transmission is acting up. I don't know whether i will have to replace it. Be cautious. It is my second, the first was a 1996 very few problems. This one has been an adventure
I'm replacing my ECM right now at 70K on my 05 SE.

·
Registered
430 Posts
How much are the ECM's? We just went over 45k and had to replace the accelerator sensor, which was $410 for parts, labor and taxes. Sensor itself was $175 I think.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
How much are the ECM's? We just went over 45k and had to replace the accelerator sensor, which was $410 for parts, labor and taxes. Sensor itself was $175 I think.
Wow... ECM, chain tensioners, accelerator sensor... what else?

My 1995 Pathfinder SE (made in Japan) hasn't had this many problems with over 164000KM. Only items changed are the brakes, gaskets, filters and fluids.

haven't had any drivability issues on my 2006 Pathfinder SE... yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We've been thinking about buying an 05 or 06 Pathfinder for my wife to drive. I was a little surprised to see the thread about 2001 models needing excessive maintenance/repairs. Are the 05/06 Pathfinders any better? I'm particularly interested in hearing from people with higher mileage (like 100k miles) since we plan on keeping this vehicle for a while. And I'd be interested in knowing if you are generally happy with your purchase.

Thanks,

John
I would question the "excessive" maintenance comment. There are not many individuals posting here about issues, just a few of us. Consumer Reports still rates the 01-07 Pathfinders as "Recommended", with average reliability.

That being said, when something does go of the rails, it will be expensive to fix. $3,000+ for a valve adjustment on my 02? Come on Nissan, think these things out a bit more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would question the "excessive" maintenance comment. There are not many individuals posting here about issues, just a few of us. Consumer Reports still rates the 01-07 Pathfinders as "Recommended", with average reliability.

That being said, when something does go of the rails, it will be expensive to fix. $3,000+ for a valve adjustment on my 02? Come on Nissan, think these things out a bit more.
Well, there's virtually no way we will buy a Pathfinder now. Part of the reason I wanted one was an expectation that it would be very reliable. My wife's current car, a Trans Am, has 90k miles and has needed nothing but the power window motors replaced for about $300 (for both including labor). I can't imagine having to pay for gas and expensive repairs on a PF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts