Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Thanks for joining! Anyhow we really need to get our region section worked out and I'll like to get some input and suggestions on how we should do this. I live in Ca myself and I know there's enough people just here, but I'm not sure everywhere else, so give me some feedback!

Thanks Everyone!

·
53 Posts
It is tough to say....as of now there is no way to gauge the influx of people. You might want to wait and see what type of feedback you get on the individual regions. I know for the Northeast region it should be fairly managable b/c the driving distance is pretty close between states. That makes it easier for people to meet up and get a good feel for the region. I also have nenoc.org as another means of communicating for all of the region. Maybe you can take something like Cali and break it up into Northern Cali, Central Cali, and Southern Cali. ....and similarly with other regions that are spread out quite a bit.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I don't know about other Nissan boards, but from what the B15 forums were like, that much division seems unnecessary to me. All but one of the regional sections on b15sentra.net have fewer than 200 threads since Jan 01 or so. I for one would like to see all the sections more integrated, perhaps with West, Midwest, Northeast, South, and International sections. If there's enough interest in the regional sections, then it could easily be further divided up into more sections as the admins see fit.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. We always get left out and I am not sure which reason I should be in. Sometimes North West, sometimes, South West. For People from Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Northern Nevada, I think we should have "Mountain Region" or something like that.. If it is possible, we could organize region events, etc a little easier. This is just my idea, but what do you think??

Thanks

·
Platinum
462 Posts
James said:
I'm in So. CA and when I see someone post in the Southwest forum about Salt Lake City... makes me wonder just how far south and west one has to be in this country...
I posted that post about SLC.. I didn't know which region to go, so I just picked that one..

N

·
0 Posts
northeast could be new england, nenoc.org works good, its not limited to new england though, so maybe northeast is better, your the moderator,you decide... but i like the area size though

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well Clubsi has CA split between NorCal and SoCal regions, but then again that board has a huge membership. On the B15 boards NorCal, SoCal, OR, and WA all shared the western forum. That wasn't too bad, but issues may arise on this board if it grow lager (due to the fact it is a Nissan BB not just Sentras), also people in NV and UT might feel alittle left out.

One possibility would be to make the regional forums divided by state lines. States with high post traffic could have their own forum and those with less could be grouped with neighboring states. Well it's late so that is the best I can come up with at the moment.

N

·
0 Posts
hte problem with making regions too big, is it eliminates the point of making regions in the first place.. you want to live near the people in your region!!!

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Yeah, living in my area (Utah) really does suck. I can't even find any Nissan related events around here, of even I did, it it at least 600 miles away. There are more people fix up Nissan around here, but before, I was really really feeling alone. Narrowing doen the regions really does help for people like us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts