Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Shock-proof goes into the differential. I heard that its really good so ill pick some of that stuff up. As for gear oil, what is highly recommended? I need something that can handle a trans with 91k miles on it. Thanks for any help.

-Andrew-

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Tranny oil

I'm happy with Redline MT90. I used regular redline (75W90) and gear grinded all the time when I shift fast. Mobil 1 did that too.. After changing to MT90, i don't have that problem anymore.
My tranny liked Royal Purple also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
happy with shockproof

i recently switched to redline shockproof gear oil and am very pleased with it...i read an article about the good luck team nissan had with it, and one day noticed that the harley shop i was working at carried this stuff!!! so i got 4 quarts for like $25!! and have had happy shifting ever since. just my .02 worth

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have redline MT90 and am very happy with it. Thei shifts are smoother and since quite of few people use it on the SE-R list I have confidence it is a good oil. NO as far as our differential or limited slip -----it is all sealed so you do not have to worry about a limited slip additive. Anyways just make sure it has a Gl-4 rating and it is ok for yelloe metals which MT90 is. I heared some other brands are Gl-4 and gl-5 but cause harm to our yellow metals in our tranny. Motul and Amsoil for our info I heard are the exact same oil. I read that somewhere on the SE-R website in the archives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts