Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the redline on a 1993 Nissan Sentra XE Manual????? And what kind of aftermarket spark plug wires should i use?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
The factory spec NGK sparkplugs are the best. I think the redline is somewhere around 6800 RPMs but I'm probably wrong.

·
Registered
413 Posts
brucek2 said:
And what kind of aftermarket spark plug wires should i use?
Ricebox is right on the money. Factory NGK's are the best to go with. BKR6E-11's for the GA16DE.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Well I don't know what is best, but I bought a set of "premium" :rolleyes:lifetime replacement wires from NAPA, but they are a heart-stopping $62.:eek: ::

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I think the rev limit is set to 6700 though, at least that's what I was told. Pretty sure that's what my tach read when I hit the limiter in my 93 XE awhile back. Maybe you were being sarcastic, but $62 is cheap compared to what a lot of so called "premium" plug sets go for. Funny thing about plug wires, people spend $100+ on Nology's and what not, but unless you're running an MSD high voltage ignition, the expensive wires won't help you any. Then you've got guys that put an MSD ignition in and don't upgrade their coil and distributor, so they waste the potential of that as well.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
No sarcasm. $62 seems outrageous to me, but I guess it isn't if ppl pay $100+ (WTF?).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts