Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1988 Sentra, I noticed that when I go over a bump, a red headlight (next to the yellow gas light) comes on. This light is located on the left side of the steering wheel, below the speedometer. What does this light indicate?

·
Registered
393 Posts
typically that means theres some sort of short in the lighting system... usually a bulb is burnt out, or a wire is shorted or something.. since you said it comes on when you go over bumps, you might wanna check your bulbs, see if theyre tight... (taillights and blinkers, i would assume you could tell if your headlights were going on and off, over a bump)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V i V i D 200sx said:
typically that means theres some sort of short in the lighting system... usually a bulb is burnt out, or a wire is shorted or something.. since you said it comes on when you go over bumps, you might wanna check your bulbs, see if theyre tight... (taillights and blinkers, i would assume you could tell if your headlights were going on and off, over a bump)
It could also be your alternator. Check the bolts... I've had friends who's alternator bolts have actually SHEARED off!!! Usually lights flickering on the dash indicate your alternator. But if it's only over bumps, that may not be the problem (unless a bolt is loose/sheared)

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
It's probably a tail light about to burn out. Get a friend to follow you while driving and they can tell you if a light is going out and which one.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have an 88 Sentra. My little headlight comes on every time I brake, or when I have my headlights on, but it's happened ever since I bught it a couple years ago, so I always figured it to be normal. :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little red light

According to a service bullition that i got at my shop a couple years ago the light bulb for the red light should be taken out at around 60K or so beause the sensor was not reailable with age and nissan didnt want to waste time and money with a recall.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Re: Little red light

Afox1231 said:
According to a service bullition that i got at my shop a couple years ago the light bulb for the red light should be taken out at around 60K or so beause the sensor was not reailable with age and nissan didnt want to waste time and money with a recall.
That's good to know. Stupid cheap bastards at Nissan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts