Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Nissans... i've got a 90 240 with sohc, and 200k.

What's the recommended, or preferred fluids for:

engine oil:
tranny:
rear:

Also, i'm changing some shocks. what kind of complications could i expect from a high mileage car with original shocks? broken spline bolts, damaging the bushings.....

Just let me know some general knowledge, and potential complications i may run into. Thanks.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
FriedEGs said:
New to the Nissans... i've got a 90 240 with sohc, and 200k.

What's the recommended, or preferred fluids for:

engine oil:
tranny:
rear:

Also, i'm changing some shocks. what kind of complications could i expect from a high mileage car with original shocks? broken spline bolts, damaging the bushings.....

Just let me know some general knowledge, and potential complications i may run into. Thanks.
Recommended fluids? I wasn't aware that the SOHC was that picky. I just use normal motor oil, normal trans fluid, and normal gear oil. I don't think I've seen a single cam KA make it to 200k miles though, congratulations. Mine is crapping out at 93k.
I would change those shocks ASAP. I don't think there is considerable risk to spline bolts or bushings, but that car is going to ride like a wet sponge.... Ick. 200,000 miles of bumpity bump will do a number to OE shocks. You can pick up a full set of OE replacement shocks for probably less than $200.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts