Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my auto 1995 GXE with 65000 miles has more rust underneath than my dad's '92 maxima w/100k+.
I've replaced the mid pipe recently, and now the rear O2 sensor popped out of the cat when I floored it last week.

So instead of waiting for piece by piece to break down, I'm going to replace the ENTIRE exhaust system all at once.

For the headers, I've decided to go with Pacesetter, because Hotshot is just way to expensive.

I need help with the rest of the system: downpipe, cat, mid pipe, resonator, exhaust.
I'm thinking 2" piping all along.

Recommendations with websites and prices greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
There are tons of threads on this board about B14 exhausts. Also there are some articles in Nissan Performance Mag. Right now the best way to go is with the Stromung (do a board search and you will find some info). There is also a Group Buy( 15% off) right now for Stromung products. I just jumped into the Group Buy for a B14 mid-pipe. I am going to mate the mid-pipe with a Hot Shot header and A'pexi N1 muffler.

Some peolple have had issues witht the fit and finish of Pacesetter headers, also they have not been proven to give the same power gains as the Hot Shot.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
yes i too would shy away from pacesetter.... i thought the stories i heard were just a few, but i met a guy and he has one and he said it was a bitch to install because of the fitment issues.

·
Banned
809 Posts
no no, OBX were a pain to install.. obx is 1 peace, and you have to remove radiator, and fans to get it in, paceshitter, although low quality, is easy to install.. you will have to send your O2 sensor back behind your new cat, i suggest lengthinging (SP) it before you go to an exaust shop, becuase most of them are dicks, and dont want to do more than the bare minimum work... but, i'd get a muffler, a cat, and then the headers, then go a shop, and have them bend u a pipe, and drill you a hole for the new 02, and have them weld up the o2 sensor fitting on the header downpipe..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like landlord said

Do a search on pacesetter headers. I've read stories and seen pictures of pacesetters not lining up with the rest of the exhaust. I've also seen them all rusty and ugly. Must be a shit after you buy them and install then find out it doest match the way it should. :mad:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if I participate in the Stromung exhaust group buy, which is only the catback @ 2" piping for the GA16DE/B14, how will I connect that with my stock piping (@ stock diameter)?

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
flawlessly trust me its perfect!

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
psteng19 said:
sorry, having a little understanding your sentence.

Does that mean it'll work with my current stock setup?
oh sorry, the stromung set up fill fit great!!!

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
its to early...lol. yes it will fit with your stock set up great, mine did!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts